• Yes, I am very happy.

909 90.09%
  • No, I am very unhappy.

22 2.18%
  • Eh, it's OK...

78 7.73%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516
Like Tree8Likes

I love my Evo as well. Like others in this forum I have been in IT or any other computer science my whole like and up until a year ago I also had a BB Bold.....wow, glad those days are gone. Also as a consequence I learned rooting and modding and cannot put this thing down, so many great things you can do that aren't even possible on another non open source platform. I will prob cry when I upgrade. The only way I will say goodbye is if a dual core, 1.5ghz, 2gb RAM+ext(gb) Evo 4g LTE comes along. One can dream

I.Gearz

Default Re: EVO Owner Reviews

I love my evo. Even if I'll be stuck with it until June 2013 (not a typo)

The good:
    -huge screen
    -better sound quality then my ipod touch
    -SD card (I took my moms 16gb that was in her SGSEpic to replace the 8gb that came stock with mine)
    -HTC widgets are cool (if only I could get them to work with GDE)

The bad:
    -sense is a resource hog (and I like sense and it's widgets)
    -low internal memory
    -won't let me add any clock or weather widgets to screen even though I have enough space
    -camera went to a purple and pink lined screen that kept crashing and would let me take pictures (now I have a refurb one, also just happened last month
    -sprint bloatware (I'm not rooting because I'm a klutz and don't want to void my warranty.)

Best phone I have ever owned.

I now own a Samsung Charge and I miss my EVO 4G terribly.
    -DarkCreep

My parents are switching from their old, crappy flip phones with AT&T to Sprint. My father is 70 but still in great shape and young-acting. When we talked about which phone he'd like, he agreed that the EVO 3D isn't really needed. He wants the same one his 3 adult kids have--the original EVO.

I explained about the EVO 3D's faster processor, dual core, larger memory, etc., but he made a good point when he said he wasn't going to be using his phone for data and all the stuff for which I, my brother, and my sister use it.

The last factor was the price. I've been with Sprint for 11 years. Before they destroyed the Premier program two months ago, I was able to use my still eligible upgrade to get an EVO 4G at no cost and the 3D for $99. Now, however, the original EVO new is $99 and a new EVO 3D is $199. Ridiculous.

He's going with the original EVO and having me root it.

got my evo about a month after it was released. I am on my third evo by now but i still love this phone!

its ok

I have had my Evo 4g for a year and a half (upgraded from a Blackberry) and I absolutely LOVE it and don't know how I ever survived with the Blackberry! The only complaint that I have is that I frequently miss calls - I've had several people complain on numerous occassions that they have tried to call me and my phone never rang, never showed a missed call, nothing! That is very frustrating and if anyone knows of a "fix" they can share that would be fantastic. I have tried all of the updates and resetting etc... to no avail. I actually started researching the iphone and thought about switching for a half a second but I just can't bring myself to stray from Android!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516