• Yes, I am very happy.

909 90.09%
  • No, I am very unhappy.

22 2.18%
  • Eh, it's OK...

78 7.73%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Wow, 2 thumbs up, Top shelf, A+ To me, I got the best phone out there. Someone deserves a medal.

I get it and I got it and I know its good.

No lines, very little traffic at all. There were employees waiting the whole time with no customers. Fast and easy.

So far it seems like a great phone. Oh, wait, I don't think I have made a phone call yet. Have to check on that !

This phone is FAST. Fast Fast Fast. Boot up is 30-45 seconds, max. Runs multiple apps like nothing.

Only problem is the speaker is a bit underwhelming, coming from a Blackberry Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by OlDeST View Post
    I can NOT belive how fast this phone is! Holy sh1t! Especially after coming from a Pre. I don't even have data services yet and it's still awesome. So damn snappy going to different screen and scrolling etc.. best $75 I ever spent!!!
    $75??? How did you get it at that price?

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OlDeST View Post
    I can NOT belive how fast this phone is! Holy sh1t! Especially after coming from a Pre. I don't even have data services yet and it's still awesome. So damn snappy going to different screen and scrolling etc.. best $75 I ever spent!!!
    Yes, OlDeST, do tell us how you were able to swing an Evo for $75.

First of all, I freaking love my EVO, but I did NOT love my day. I woke up at 5:00am to get to Radio Shack by 6:00 so that I could be first in line for my pre-order pickup. Everything went smooth as butter. The phone provisioned immediately, and I was home by 7:00am to start playing with it.

At 11:00am after moving around widgets, setting up contacts and email, and familiarizing myself with Android (I migrated from a PalmOS Centro) disaster struck. I pushed in the power button to unlock the screen and it STAYED IN. Now, I've been treating this thing like a newborn - even going so far as to keep it on a microfiber cloth - so I know I didn't do anything to harm it, I just got very unlucky with that particular piece of hardware.

I raced back to Radio Shack and they all agreed it was defective, but it's not exactly like you can just go get another EVO today! This poor woman helping me must have called 15 to 20 stores and even got 2 different district managers involved to help. Fortunately, all her hard work paid off and she found one at another store 1/2 hour away. I greatly appreciate all the help and excellent customer service, but I still spent nearly 4 hours in various Radio Shack stores today and my second EVO, while working great now, took over an hour to provision because of the congestion on Sprint.

And by the way, I was reluctant to return the first phone since I had already managed to load a bunch of personal data onto it, and you never know exactly what happens to a device that goes back to the store. I found a tutorial on the net about how to reset the EVO to factory settings, but of course it required pressing the volume down button and the power button while rebooting it which was a no-go as my power button was busted.

Fortunately, I was able to factory reset the phone by dialing ##RTN# and then "menu," "reset," and entering my EVO's MSL number which I got by calling Sprint and explaining my situation. I also reformated the MicroSDHC card just in case it stores data from email accounts or other places.

I need a drink.
    msdizzydolores likes this.

So i took a look at the 1 person who said he was "UNHAPPY" with the EVO. Checked out his post's ,lol he hates Sprint, has an incredible. So he does not have an EVO but, he is "unhappy' with it

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    wrm2.2

Day 1: Love it!

I'm a Sprint Care Rep and from talking to fellow co-workers, very happy I am off until Monday. As far as the one guy who is unhappy about his EVO, I had thought this thread was entitled "EVO Owner Reviews"? If he's not an owner of an EVO, why is he voting? I also chuckle when a caller calls in and says he just ported in from V company for the better plan pricing and quickly discovers that their new phone still works in the exact same areas his old phone used to!

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cree8r View Post
    So i took a look at the 1 person who said he was "UNHAPPY" with the EVO. Checked out his post's ,lol he hates Sprint, has an incredible. So he does not have an EVO but, he is "unhappy' with it
    I did the same. Can a mod delete his fake vote? Stinking haters are everywhere. I love this phone its continually impressing me. I also have a ton of juice left in my battery. It's bedtime and I have over half a battery remaining. It pays not to have so many apps and accounts pushing info to the phone. Hope the rest of you enjoy yours as much as I am mine!

still love webOS but the hardware was severely lacking..and I've never been a fan of touchscreen only phones, ie iphone, this is taking some getting used to.

I had a bit of a frustrating time setting up all my contacts and email accounts. But after that and playing with the clean slate and totally customizing everything and understanding the shortcuts and widgets>>>>CLOUD 9!

Awesome and they already pushed the fix for the sd card justupdate your phone. Was very surprised when I found out they they launced 4g in the dc arlington area already when i was told they didnt, awsome speeds. speed test showing about 9mb down 2mb up going to replace my comcrap! awesome phone!!!!!!!!! ditched verizon moto droid for it.

I returned my Evo. I loved the phone but really just don't like the feel of Android. If there was an unhappy with Android option and love the Evo I would have chosen that. The phone truly is remarkable but the os just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drew0020 View Post
    I returned my Evo. I loved the phone but really just don't like the feel of Android. If there was an unhappy with Android option and love the Evo I would have chosen that. The phone truly is remarkable but the os just doesn't work for me.
    You should have at least gave it a couple days to get accustomed to it. Android isn't for everyone but less that a day is hardly a fair chance.

Other than launch day network congestion I have no complaints. Makes my old Hero look like a child's toy.

It's fast, there's zero lag and the power/standby button isn't the problem a lot of the bloggers were reporting.

My only complaint is that I have some light leakage on the bottom of the phone under the search button. A friend has zero light leakage. BB has put me on their 2nd pre-order list to get me a replacement.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

I got my evo yesterday and turned my pre off and I am soooo happy!! I absolutely love it! So many cool features and its just the first day!! Its a great phone!

I got this phone for my wife and she really loves it. She started with the Pre and didnt like it so she got the Hero and was upset it wasnt as fast as my Moto Droid. Now with the Evo she is walking around with a chip on her shoulder. For what little time she let me play with it i would have gotten one but sprint sucks where i work so i gotta stick with vzw for now, maybe ill go with the Droid shadow/xtreme since they're pretty much the same. I must admit i am a little jealouse of all you EVO owners

Thrilled. This is easily the best phone I have ever had the pleasure of using.

I love it so far! a little hard texting and emailing coming from my BB Curve but Im good on my second day. I miss my Black Berry Messenger but the EVO is everything I thought it would be and more. when I bought the phone I had RS install a Zagg screen protector, I totally hated it. I just removed the protector and I love the phone even more.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Love this phone. Reminds me of 2001 space odessey black slab. This video is all of us monkeys and the EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon824 View Post
    Love this phone. Reminds me of 2001 space odessey black slab. This video is all of us monkeys and the EVO.

HAHAHA! I love it.

This isn't a complaint, because I'm coming from a Pre, and I know most of you say that your battery life is amazing. However, I'm not having your luck. Maybe it's because of the fact that I can't put Emo down, but I'm going through a full battery in about 6 hours. Maybe if I could just stop touching it...

It will probably be much better when I get over the "newness" factor and iron out some settings.

Pictures and the ability to edit them with the Photoshop application is awesome! I haven't taken video yet, but I have tried video chat with Fring using Skype and the person on the other end couldn't see me... I'm not sure if that's because they weren't using their video cameras or what... more testing on that soon.

I'm also having a bit of trouble with setting up a couple of email addresses that I normally check, but the Gmail is working flawlessly. *shrugs* I'll be working on that eventually today.

Overall, I am the happiest person in the world. I am simply in love with Android as an OS. I'm still getting used to not being able to swipe applications closed or switching to them easily, but that is getting better with every moment.

Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I love mine. Still learning it of course coming from the Pre. I never really liked all that swiping business on the Pre, being as slow as it is, you never really knew if the damn thing responded to your swipe or not and landed up doing it twice and landing up where I didn't want to be. So much easier just to press a button.

The Pre feels like a POS after coming from the Evo. I hooked the Pre up to my wifi and left the Evo on just 3G, I loaded the phonearena website from both phones with the browser already open, and I did let the Evo load flash. The Evo won! 'nuff said!

One thing I noticed I don't like on the Evo, when the phone is plugged in, the charging LED takes priority over anything else, meaning, you don't know whether you have a message or not just by looking on the phone sitting there charging. Also, the Pre used to light up when a message came in, the Evo doesn't seem to do that unless I missed a setting somewhere.

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The only problem I am having so far is that my pictures from the camera look really blurry, like its not focusing right. BTW I am a former Blackberry user, and this phone is sooo much better than the Tour!
    Thanked by:

I really enjoy the fast navigation through the menus. The static noise I experierenced from other phones doesn't seem to be there, either.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast