EVO Owner Reviews

Happy with your Evo?

• Total voters

evoinmypalm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I love the phone... it is fast.. it is smooth... it is huge...

But sometimes, the screen can be too large... it is difficult to reach the notification tray at the top when holding the phone in my old (natural) position... I will have to adjust the way that I hold the phone... it is impossible to reach the upper right-hand corner...

By the way... I can palm a water polo ball and some basketballs... it isn't like I have small hands... now only if they took all these great features and put them in a smaller form factor...

more impressions later...

mlctulsa

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Big improvement over the Hero. Only problem I have had today was the delay in provisioning data services thru the network (but you can use wifi instead) and the FM radio will not work even with the headphone jack in. In fact, after turning FM on with jack in place, none of the buttons on the phone or the program work - it seems to kind of lock up the phone up without crashing, strange. I too could care less about FM, but would like to access for weather alerts, etc. Anyone having this FM or related issue?

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Love the phone.

-Finally a phone for people with big hands like myself, no more hard-to-type-in-portrait(3GS, N1, Droid)

-Fast

-Simply sexy

-Android customization

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am almost disbelieving of anyone who said this phone is "Eh, okay". Do REALLY own an Evo- I doubt it.

The phone is amazing. So far it's doing everything amazingly well. All phones should kneel before for it and be honored by it's presence. The screen is huge, yet it's no sweat to put in my jean pocket, hold, type on or make calls. Speaking of the latter, the call quality is stellar.

I have no idea what 4g is like, as I'm in Phoenix, but the 3g feels great on this phone. I am a former Pre and Iphone user and I can honestly say this blows them out of the water.

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Nothing short of Amazing!! OMG!!!

I can NOT belive how fast this phone is! Holy sh1t! Especially after coming from a Pre. I don't even have data services yet and it's still awesome. So damn snappy going to different screen and scrolling etc.. best $75 I ever spent!!!

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I get it and I got it and I know its good.

No lines, very little traffic at all. There were employees waiting the whole time with no customers. Fast and easy.

So far it seems like a great phone. Oh, wait, I don't think I have made a phone call yet. Have to check on that !

Nutsacjac

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This phone is FAST. Fast Fast Fast. Boot up is 30-45 seconds, max. Runs multiple apps like nothing.

Only problem is the speaker is a bit underwhelming, coming from a Blackberry Tour.

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I can NOT belive how fast this phone is! Holy sh1t! Especially after coming from a Pre. I don't even have data services yet and it's still awesome. So damn snappy going to different screen and scrolling etc.. best $75 I ever spent!!!

$75??? How did you get it at that price? :p

mswashu

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes, OlDeST, do tell us how you were able to swing an Evo for $75.

tobyrare

May 20, 2010
Visit site
First of all, I freaking love my EVO, but I did NOT love my day. I woke up at 5:00am to get to Radio Shack by 6:00 so that I could be first in line for my pre-order pickup. Everything went smooth as butter. The phone provisioned immediately, and I was home by 7:00am to start playing with it.

At 11:00am after moving around widgets, setting up contacts and email, and familiarizing myself with Android (I migrated from a PalmOS Centro) disaster struck. I pushed in the power button to unlock the screen and it STAYED IN. Now, I've been treating this thing like a newborn - even going so far as to keep it on a microfiber cloth - so I know I didn't do anything to harm it, I just got very unlucky with that particular piece of hardware. :(

I raced back to Radio Shack and they all agreed it was defective, but it's not exactly like you can just go get another EVO today! This poor woman helping me must have called 15 to 20 stores and even got 2 different district managers involved to help. Fortunately, all her hard work paid off and she found one at another store 1/2 hour away. I greatly appreciate all the help and excellent customer service, but I still spent nearly 4 hours in various Radio Shack stores today and my second EVO, while working great now, took over an hour to provision because of the congestion on Sprint.

And by the way, I was reluctant to return the first phone since I had already managed to load a bunch of personal data onto it, and you never know exactly what happens to a device that goes back to the store. I found a tutorial on the net about how to reset the EVO to factory settings, but of course it required pressing the volume down button and the power button while rebooting it which was a no-go as my power button was busted.

Fortunately, I was able to factory reset the phone by dialing ##RTN# and then "menu," "reset," and entering my EVO's MSL number which I got by calling Sprint and explaining my situation. I also reformated the MicroSDHC card just in case it stores data from email accounts or other places.

I need a drink.

Cree8r

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So i took a look at the 1 person who said he was "UNHAPPY" with the EVO. Checked out his post's ,lol he hates Sprint, has an incredible. So he does not have an EVO but, he is "unhappy' with it :):):)

daveray44

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Sprint Care Rep and from talking to fellow co-workers, very happy I am off until Monday. As far as the one guy who is unhappy about his EVO, I had thought this thread was entitled "EVO Owner Reviews"? If he's not an owner of an EVO, why is he voting? I also chuckle when a caller calls in and says he just ported in from V company for the better plan pricing and quickly discovers that their new phone still works in the exact same areas his old phone used to!

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
So i took a look at the 1 person who said he was "UNHAPPY" with the EVO. Checked out his post's ,lol he hates Sprint, has an incredible. So he does not have an EVO but, he is "unhappy' with it :):):)

I did the same. Can a mod delete his fake vote? Stinking haters are everywhere. I love this phone its continually impressing me. I also have a ton of juice left in my battery. It's bedtime and I have over half a battery remaining. It pays not to have so many apps and accounts pushing info to the phone. Hope the rest of you enjoy yours as much as I am mine!

richcracker#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
still love webOS but the hardware was severely lacking..and I've never been a fan of touchscreen only phones, ie iphone, this is taking some getting used to.

xSIN1134x

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had a bit of a frustrating time setting up all my contacts and email accounts. But after that and playing with the clean slate and totally customizing everything and understanding the shortcuts and widgets>>>>CLOUD 9!

jspreet

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Awesome and they already pushed the fix for the sd card justupdate your phone. Was very surprised when I found out they they launced 4g in the dc arlington area already when i was told they didnt, awsome speeds. speed test showing about 9mb down 2mb up going to replace my comcrap! awesome phone!!!!!!!!! ditched verizon moto droid for it.

drew0020

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Evo. I loved the phone but really just don't like the feel of Android. If there was an unhappy with Android option and love the Evo I would have chosen that. The phone truly is remarkable but the os just doesn't work for me.

boomhower1820

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I returned my Evo. I loved the phone but really just don't like the feel of Android. If there was an unhappy with Android option and love the Evo I would have chosen that. The phone truly is remarkable but the os just doesn't work for me.

You should have at least gave it a couple days to get accustomed to it. Android isn't for everyone but less that a day is hardly a fair chance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze