View Poll Results: Happy with your Evo?
- 1009. You may not vote on this poll
03-05-2012 09:30 AM
- JeremyOriginal MemberThis is the "official" I have an Evo and I love it or hate it - and why thread. Please don't ask questions about the device, just post your opinion after you actually have one in hand.
(I'll post my review sometime Friday...)05-31-2010 07:04 PMLike 1
- I have it and I love it! There are a few minor nits I would like fixed, but nothing major. The biggest thing would be the SD card issues. After about a day or so, the SD card access becomes slow, requiring a reboot. And sometimes (rarely for me but I've seen it) the SD card can't be written to and gives an error when taking a picture, for example.
Apparently Sprint/HTC are aware of the issue, and the rumor is that it only affects the Google I/O phones, but not sure.
Anyway, this is hands down the best phone I've ever owned, used, or seen! The screen is gorgeous, and the phone is fast. EVO FTW!05-31-2010 09:59 PMLike 2
- I've come from Android phones that have suffered from lag (Samsung Moment and HTC G1) and other serious hardware issues (Moment) like radio lock ups and gps uselessness. The EVO has been great so far. As mentioned above, there are a few bugs to be worked out, but there is so much to love about the phone.
It's fast! Only lag I've experienced is while installing apps.
Plenty of internal storage (important while no stock SD card app installation available)
Multitouch screen works great
Takes very good still pictures
Better sound output quality than Ipod touch
Receive Froyo update soon
Excellent phone functionality (audio, dialing)
Compression in 720p video capture
SD card faults
No track ball/pad - I've missed the ability to specifically place the text cursor when entering text. Until some app adds the ability to zoom in on what is under your finger in the text entry box, you'll need a bit of luck to put the cursor where you want.06-01-2010 08:56 AMLike 2
- 06-01-2010 01:41 PM
- 06-01-2010 01:43 PM
- the only issues i have are that i sometimes hit the search button when holding landscape (very minor issue, especially since it doesnt kick you out of what youre doing) and ive been getting some memory card errors with the camera. a soft reset fixes it, but its rather annoying at times. this thing is just incredibly, incredibly fast in everything it does06-01-2010 01:54 PM
- My FM reception is nill at home. Granted I am not close to any station, but any other receiver can tune to at least a dozen strong ones. I haven't tried it elsewhere yet. But really I couldn't care less about FM.
The SD card issues are not acceptable. I have had issues taking pictures, viewing videos and photos, and accessing music. I am putting in a different card to see if it is the card.
I wish the keyboard had the enter key in a more traditional place and a function key to do single numbers or symbols and auto return to letters. I also wish the arrow keys were arranged in a traditional keyboard manner. They are painfully slow to use the way that they are laid out.
Otherwise it rocks!
Wish I could turn off threaded gmail or at least delete individual messages not just the whole conversation, but that is an app thing.06-01-2010 07:44 PM
- 06-03-2010 06:08 PM
- 06-04-2010 07:15 AM
- A few quick impressions as I type this out on my evo. Screen is huge phone is not in my opinion. The screen takes up almost the entire front of the device leaving very little border. Keyboard is buttersmooth and the phone is lightning fast. More impressions later.oh i am coming from a pre and ampretty much sold already.06-04-2010 08:36 AM
- Just got home with my new Evo, and completely floored by the design. I'm in love with the black slab, feel like I should get down and bow like the primitive man from Odyssey 2001.
I'm starting to wonder whether bloggers who reviewed the device were smoking crack, because the on/off switch is NOT hard to reach one handed (my hands are average size) and the "angle" does not make the button hard to find without looking at it.
I am impressed with the phone and will be spending the day happily playing with it.
Also Greater Philly area 4G connection seems to be spotty06-04-2010 09:31 AM
- I believe I read somewhere that the FM radio works only if wearing headphones. Why? Because they act as the antenna so you can get reception (I know, it sucks!). Try it to see if it works. I'm getting my Evo today and the FM radio was something I was kinda excited to see in a phone (call me old fashioned, whatever!). But if i have to wear headphones to listen to it, it is not that useful for me anymore. I don't carry my headphones with me most of the time. Hope this helps.
06-04-2010 11:32 AM
- I didn't buy one yet, but I did play with one for half an hour at a Sprint store. My only real complaint was that scrolling wasn't as smooth as I would have liked and there seemed to be more lag in menus and such than I expected. I figured it might be due to the fact that it was a demo and was running a lot in the background. So I restarted the demo phone and it was better. But still a few little freezes in animations and scrolling.
Anyone else see that? I am comparing it to an iPhone. My Pre is a disaster in this department so there is no comparison there.06-04-2010 01:47 PM
- Have not tried to access the SD card but I did get the update as soon as the phone was activated so hoepfully I will not even see that problem. But other than that the phone is great!! Haven't had the opportunity to play around with it alot though I am at work and it has been hectic. I am sure I will find alot that I didn't know tonight06-04-2010 01:56 PM
- I love the phone... it is fast.. it is smooth... it is huge...
But sometimes, the screen can be too large... it is difficult to reach the notification tray at the top when holding the phone in my old (natural) position... I will have to adjust the way that I hold the phone... it is impossible to reach the upper right-hand corner...
By the way... I can palm a water polo ball and some basketballs... it isn't like I have small hands... now only if they took all these great features and put them in a smaller form factor...
more impressions later...06-04-2010 02:11 PM
- Big improvement over the Hero. Only problem I have had today was the delay in provisioning data services thru the network (but you can use wifi instead) and the FM radio will not work even with the headphone jack in. In fact, after turning FM on with jack in place, none of the buttons on the phone or the program work - it seems to kind of lock up the phone up without crashing, strange. I too could care less about FM, but would like to access for weather alerts, etc. Anyone having this FM or related issue?06-04-2010 02:19 PM
- I am almost disbelieving of anyone who said this phone is "Eh, okay". Do REALLY own an Evo- I doubt it.
The phone is amazing. So far it's doing everything amazingly well. All phones should kneel before for it and be honored by it's presence. The screen is huge, yet it's no sweat to put in my jean pocket, hold, type on or make calls. Speaking of the latter, the call quality is stellar.
I have no idea what 4g is like, as I'm in Phoenix, but the 3g feels great on this phone. I am a former Pre and Iphone user and I can honestly say this blows them out of the water.06-04-2010 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD