Just got the Call from BEST BUY!!!

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got that call too, im the first one 8am, lady tried to lock me in with the BB insurance for $9.99, she said it was better that Sprint's $7 insurance...is this true?

Yes and No. BB does not cover lost or stolen phones. But, they do not have that $100 co-pay like the Sprints insurance. If there is any water damage, you have to pay the $100 through Assurion (the company that does Sprints insurance.) Then you most likely will get a refurb phone. BB says water damage, no problem. They replace it with a new phone each time.

So BB no co-pay but no lost or stolen phone coverage $10 a month

Assurion, Unless the phone itself dies, they charge you the $100 replacement fee. usage Damage is not included, water damage is not included. Damage of anykind is not included. If the techs at the Sprint repair store cannot fix it and fix it easy, you pay $100 to Assurion to get a new refurb phone. Does cover lost or damaged phones for the $100. It is $7 a month.

It is really your call. I have never had a phone lost or stolen, but I have had water damage and cracked screens that cost me $100 to get replaced, and I got referbs each time. So, I am going to try out BB.

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
i've never every had to pay for any phones from sprint.....i've been with them for 10 years and have 3 lines, if they cant fix any they order me one if they dont have one in stock.....only 2 refurbished phones i got from them so far....about 5 brand new out of box to replace broken or un-repairable phone.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Got the call today and was able to move my appointment up by an hour to 8am. I was the second person to sign up and originally was slotted for 9am since that was the earliest one they had. When the guy asked if I wanted to be earlier I said heck yes. Then I mentioned that I would be going for the full body Zagg and he checked to see if they had it yet and they did, so he offered to have it preinstalled for me and all set to go. I said go for it, and hopefully that I'm in and out in no time. Now I just need to make sure I get the right person to do the pre-install, since she had done the full body on my Hero...

The big question is what accessory are they going to give to me, I've heard lots of rumors of the platronics headset, I'd be good to go with that. I think he offered me a carrying case of some sort, which for me is a no go since i have the zagg, but if offered, I'll likely take any free item...

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
as i posted earlier, i got the call and my appt is for flippn noon and i know i was one of the first ones to preorder that day!! what are my chances of showing up before noon and "hanging out" in the store until i see that it's slowed down in the mobile section to get my EVO early? That is plan B and it's seriously about to go into effect!!

bucc0303

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the worst response. I was the first to pro-order and I set my time there at 10:00am. I get a call a week later telling me "I have an opening for 12:00pm" I told her I have a time for 10:00am on my sheet. She got all quiet and I told her no worries I will see you at 12:00pm and laughed at how unorganized this is at that location.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the call and I'm 2nd on the list and they said I could pick a time. I took 11:30am and I already bought the invisible shield from Zagg at 50% off and they will install it for me and they put a vertical belt case with clip with my order for pickup.
I'm in Licking County Ohio.

toni1096

May 16, 2010
Visit site
BB called today to confirm my 11 am appt and to ask what accessories I wanted so they could bundle them and I would have them when I picked up my phone. They are also going to preinstall the shield. And of course the headset.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
My BB is going to call people tomorrow for their appts. At least that's what they've told me.. Pleasant Hill, CA, gotta love the putting it off until the last minute.

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Finally got the call this afternoon at about 2:30. They're not opening until 10 and I work from 9am-7pm so I had to make my appointment at 8pm. The guy sounded happy I chose 8pm because he was saying how everyone wanted an early appointment lol.

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I preordered late in the game and they had originally told me I would be getting mine with the second shipment June 8-10th.

Got a call yesterday scheduling me for a Friday pickup, so I'm happy. Only downside is I'm at work all day Friday so I won't be picking mine up until 8:30 PM. Hope they remember to save one for me!

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to think BB won't even call me. It's Wednesday night. Granted, I told them I might not come in until Saturday and they said they were going to put a note on it so they didn't wonder if I did miss launch day, but I still want the call. I might be coming in Friday after all. Or maybe it's just not that bad in my little town.

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
anyone know if best buy carries any sprint accessories? more specifically the body glove case? and also can they give Sprint Premier customers the discount that premier customers are suppose to get for accessories?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463