Will you switch to the Galaxy Nexus?

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys, it finally happened. I have finally found a phone worthy enough to be the successor to my beloved EVO. I never thought it would happen so soon. My baby is only a year and a half old, though I suppose every good thing must come to an end. :) Question is....will you make the switch?

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hell yeah! Hope it is out by April so I can upgrade. If not then I'll just have to wait, but the Galaxy Nexus is my next phone.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry guys, I'm looking at March for my upgrade. Hope ya'll aren't too jealous. ;) You said it though Smoke, this thing will be mine. :D

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, I'm looking at March for my upgrade. Hope ya'll aren't too jealous. ;) You said it though Smoke, this thing will be mine. :D

Yeah yeah rub it in our faces! :D My Evo isn't going to waste, the old lady will get it. Having her retired a Blackberry. She hates that thing. lol

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah yeah rub it in our faces! :D My Evo isn't going to waste, the old lady will get it. Having her retired a Blackberry. She hates that thing. lol

Haha, I can imagine...I'd want the EVO too. I am glad to see it go to someone that is really going to like it. Oh, and I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I get it. ;)

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It looks interesting. I am due for an upgrade now (gotta love 1-yr contracts), so we'll see.

Lucky! :p I would definitely recommend at least going to the store and playing around with it. If for nothing else just to make sure you like it. Though I can almost guarantee you won't be disappointed . :)

Last edited:

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm very tempted, but would like to see how the battery life is on the thing, especially running LTE, assuming LTE becomes available in my area...

...and also depends on what other phones might be available.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I totally am. Contract's done in June, probably when it'll be out. Unless the HTC Zeta or another phone makes me forgot about the GN by June.

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Lucky! :p I would definitely recommend at least going to the store and playing around with it. If for nothing else just to make sure you like it. Though i can almost guarantee you won't be. :)

If I play with it, i won't be able to leave without it! LOL.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I might wait for HTC also. As much as I like the GN, you can't beat HTC's quality

Yea I'm an HTC guy also, I might hang around for abit...I have my EVO till October plus it still does what I need it to do, can't let it go just yet :(

Sent from my Honeycomed Evo

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not upgrade eligible but i dont have kids and do have a job so ill drop $400 for a worthy LTE phone or whatever sprint does this yr. Funny I thought I'd sound like I a crazy for saying I love HTC Sense too much. I can't see myself going back to any other launcher. Plus by the time sprint ever gets galaxy nexus I'm sure a HTC phone will be around the corner. Their last HIGH END phone was evo 3d and that was sevral months ago.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not upgrade eligible but i dont have kids and do have a job so ill drop $400 for a worthy LTE phone or whatever sprint does this yr. Funny I thought I'd sound like I a crazy for saying I love HTC Sense too much. I can't see myself going back to any other launcher. Plus by the time sprint ever gets galaxy nexus I'm sure a HTC phone will be around the corner. Their last HIGH END phone was evo 3d and that was sevral months ago.

While I will totally agree that Sense added a lot of functionality to basic Android, ICS sandwich with this spec powerhouse is just to much to pass up. I was watching some YouTube videos of the GNEX in action and began drooling. That phone is flat out amazing. :cool:

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

The last high end phone they got was the iPhone 4s lol. But I'm running ICS on my evo and love it so I most likely will pick it up.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not. Just looked at the review and ics looks like it was designed by a 12 yr old girl. Ill pass. I like my search button and lockscreen and weather features and overall sexy look of the sense UI. Gingerbread brought a nicer UI and keyboard. There isn't a feature in ics I want. I don't like dark purple locksreens and crappy resolution. The dock looks nice but the Sense 3.0 app drawer beats the ics app drawer in my opinion and the recent apps and quick settings are better features than ics. Not to mention sense 3.5 and whatever 4.0 brings. The galaxy nexus isn't for everyone