Best Buy LOST My Pre-order Info!!!

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For all of you patiently waiting for your Best Buy to call you to schedule an appointment, I suggest you call them first to verify.

After many people on the forums started getting their appointments scheduled, I called my Best Buy on Friday to verify when they will be scheduling appointments. They said they would make their calls on Sunday.

Sunday came around...no call.

I stopped by the store during my lunch break on Tuesday and he said they already made all their appointments! He checked his folder to look for my form, and it wasn't there! He asked me when I placed my pre-order and I said the very first day (or so), May 14th.

After me not willing to take the first appointment available later during the day on Friday, the BBM associate was kind enough to squeeze me in one of the early morning slots anyway, saying that they "should" be able to fit me in anyway since they'll have extra staffing. When I asked him if them losing my pre-order info will be any problem and he stated that it "shouldn't" be a problem since I'm still in possession of the gift card and original form.

Most likely there really won't be a problem when I show up on Friday, but if I don't get my phone on Friday, I will be PISSED.

Android Believer

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of, I was the very first customer to pre-order at my Best Buy and all they gave me was a form with my receipt stapled to it; no gift card. I have read about many people getting gift cards etc. I hope this isn't the case with me as well or maybe my BB just isn't giving out cards.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of, I was the very first customer to pre-order at my Best Buy and all they gave me was a form with my receipt stapled to it; no gift card. I have read about many people getting gift cards etc. I hope this isn't the case with me as well or maybe my BB just isn't giving out cards.

Wow looks like you are out 50 bucks. I would call now if i were you.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I was also the first to pre order at Best buy (Manahawkin, NJ), I was there when they first opened at 10am and all I got was a reciept, their system wouldn't let them do a gift card for some strange reason.

I stopped back last week and had them check it out, they said i'm "good to go", just come in on Friday and pick up the phone.
I'll be there at 10am on Friday!

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
sounds to me that all these are related to the "first to pre-order" people. Guess Best Buy was in training or something...

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

They did the same thing to me. They kept your Gift Card with the paperwork in the store. They said either way is fine but basically that gift card is $50 cash. So if they "lose" it, you are out 50 bucks. I went back and got mine.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered at Bestbuy and at RS and still no one has called me for an appt. I will be calling after work to see what is up.

Jupiter600

May 14, 2010
Visit site
They did the same thing to me. They kept your Gift Card with the paperwork in the store. They said either way is fine but basically that gift card is $50 cash. So if they "lose" it, you are out 50 bucks. I went back and got mine.

I didnt get a gift card.

I do have a receipt of course tho, so I dont see how I can be out of $50.
My receipt doesnt say anything about a gift card. It just says HTC EVO Presell

They have not called me yet either.

fredd0

May 18, 2010
Visit site
the registers wre not prompting to ring a giftcard on the first day. it was fixed by the afternoon, if i remember correctly. bring your receipt and all will be good.

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
As long as you have you reciept that says pre sale evo you should be ok, but about a week ago when I went to bestbuy to get my gift card tax refunded they had to scan the barcode on the pre order paper with the evo I filled out back on the 13th. I know some said they got to take that paper home, but my bestbuy kept it in file cabinet. Once they scan it all your information comes up on the computer screen.

paga912

May 16, 2010
Visit site
When you signed up they should have gave you some paperwork?.i was the first person to pre order at the BB near me so obviously im #1 :) but I got a receipt and a gift card so they betta have my ish!!

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I was the first to preorder at BB, no gift card, I just need to show my receipt. I called last week and setup an appt at open. I contacted CS and they said that I should have no issues without the GC, as long as I have the reciept and preorder sheet.

jjarry13

May 19, 2010
Visit site
my receipt and gift card went through the wash along with everything else in my wallet. you just barely make out the htc evo pre-sell info. i did get a call today from best buy though for an appointment. counting down the hours at this point!

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Based on several of your responses, I foresee massive problems at release. There are about 5 different ways I have heard of Best Buy handling the preorders beyond the proper way. I suspect many people may get ripped off for their 50$, and any stores low on extras may end up screwing some legit preorders out of a phone. Good luck everyone.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten my call yet for my BestBuy, so I'm just going to go in at opening time and wait.. Even if I do get a call, I'm going to try and get done earlier..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance