Evo already outdated !

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
... which is probably going to be appearing late this year or (most likely) earlier next year.
Faster processors will probably appear steadily, but the Evo/Nexus One/Incredible are great smartphones.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes it is already outdated and not only the hardware but the software as well. The EVO will be lucky to get Froyo by the end of the year and by then the next version of Android will already be on the Nexus One and other new Android devices. Android is moving so quickly that pretty much every new device in the next 6 months or so will be out of date before its even released. These are good problems to have. :)

timlot

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure they've thought about the battery with this dual core processor, but you can say that about the current snapdragon and it a battery drainer.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Uhh... like this was a surprise? Qualcomm's roadmap for new processor releases has been well-known and documented (try wikipedia). Snapdragon 1ghz processors just started hitting the market late Q4 09. Being late Q2 10 for the Evo release, I wouldn't call that outdated.

Have you ever heard of Moore's law? (try google) Annual cyclical increases in processor power has been one of the most well-documented and discussed phenomena for computing in the last few decades.

All that can be summed up with this: *yawn* ;-)

Setite

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It has already been announced that Android will be slowing their release schedule. The current fast paced schedule is more a matter of growing pains of a new OS quickly working up to the status quo feature wise. We can expect it to go to 1 or 2 per year.

The dual core processor announcement is great, but I foresee it not mattering a whole lot till 2.3 or 2.4

Genisis

May 27, 2010
Visit site
if you're chasing the hotest thing out ofcourse a phone will always be outdated. Im buying this phone because it has everything i need and more at a reasonable price. And even if the phone is outdated...just think on sprint you''ll be able to upgrade after a year...instead of the 22-24 months like other providers.
Just wait for 2.2 to roll out!

sum_n00b

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This kind of takes the sting out of me paying full retail for the Evo. I'll still have my upgrade to use if something even better comes out later this year.