$10 fee still bother some with at&t's new plans?

still turned off by the $10 fee

• Total voters

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i was never turned off by it to begin with but how do you feel now that at&t has dropped this bombshell?
im sure there will still be some fanboy's who think at&t are still super geniuses.
for me and others, we will continue to laugh and point at your smaller devices with overpriced data plans.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was at the mall yesterday and saw that the chick working at the AT&T Kiosk looked pretty hot from a distance, so my buddy and I approached and checked her out using the iPhone on display as a way to start open questioning. On closer approach, she wasn't all that hot, or maybe it was the price list for smart phone plans that really threw me for a loop and I stopped paying attention to her. Holy crap, AT&T rapes iPhone and general smart phone users like crazy! So yeah, I don't mind the 10 bucks AT ALL!

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I never was turned off by the fee due to my 25% corporate discount and the plans still being less than everyone else without the discount and even still cheaper with the 10 unlimited fee..

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
We're going to have to deal with it until the market is more saturated with similar high end devices on 4G/LTE. At that point we'll have a more competitive market place, but for now consider it the fee for loyal early adoption, and a revised definition of the word "unlimited".

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm just come to deal with the Fact that its not a premium for 4G but a lift on Data Caps...
Now i'll be downloading the world in the palm of my hand... Once Rooted I'll supply my laptop with awesomeness and download the world there :)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Most of my surfing on my Pre is stripped down iGoogle mobile pages (basically just the text w/o layout and graphics) and I run between 500-700MB per month. AT&T's prices would ream me so badly, I'd never have to worry about constipation again. :eek:

If Sprint was smart, they'd do something similar to the old Pre ads which touted that you'd save so much money over the iPhone that you could build a Dukin Donuts "in spaaaaaace" with their current plans. Unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling, data, and texting for as low as $70/mo. should bring people running. If the rumors of the iPhone coming to Sprint are true, it'd be devastating to AT&T. I just hope it doesn't screw things up for us who were here already.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Most of my surfing on my Pre is stripped down iGoogle mobile pages (basically just the text w/o layout and graphics) and I run between 500-700MB per month. AT&T's prices would ream me so badly, I'd never have to worry about constipation again. :eek:

If Sprint was smart, they'd do something similar to the old Pre ads which touted that you'd save so much money over the iPhone that you could build a Dukin Donuts "in spaaaaaace" with their current plans. Unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling, data, and texting for as low as $70/mo. should bring people running. If the rumors of the iPhone coming to Sprint are true, it'd be devastating to AT&T. I just hope it doesn't screw things up for us who were here already.

an iphone to sprint would seriously cause me to vomit uncontrollably! i can say i have never hated something so much! been with sprint for 8 yrs now and couldnt be happier. was super pissed when the pre went to vz. i felt betrayed. i luv my pre, but i want exclusivity. i feel the evo will give me that. even tho there is the hd2 on vz, it has a stupid o.s. so i dont worry.
give me 4g or give me death! long live the evo!

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I used 3-4GB of Data a month cause I use Pandora on certain days of work when Im there before it opens so 5-6 hours of streaming music a week, plus FB, Twitter, and WeatherBug all being run in the background all day, plus my internet usage, makes me a internet whore. So Im glad Im leaving At&t for Sprint and the EVO 4G this week!

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was at the mall yesterday and saw that the chick working at the AT&T Kiosk looked pretty hot from a distance, so my buddy and I approached and checked her out using the iPhone on display as a way to start open questioning. On closer approach, she wasn't all that hot, or maybe it was the price list for smart phone plans that really threw me for a loop and I stopped paying attention to her. Holy crap, AT&T rapes iPhone and general smart phone users like crazy! So yeah, I don't mind the 10 bucks AT ALL!

Confused....unlimited Sprint plan $109.95 for evo. Unlimited ATT $119.95 for iphone

Yes sprint is cheaper for their top plan but its not necessarily rape

organix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Confused....unlimited Sprint plan $109.95 for evo. Unlimited ATT $119.95 for iphone

Yes sprint is cheaper for their top plan but its not necessarily rape
That is just the unlimited plan.

If you want 450 minutes/unlimited data and text/navigation:

Sprint Pre - 69.99
AT&T iPhone - 39.99 + 30.00 + 20.00 + 9.99 = 99.98

If you want to compare to the Evo, add $10...but AT&T is sure to raise it's data plan price too.

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
I'm O.K. with the fee because the deal is still better than AT&T and Verizon. First, I was annoyed...then I found out about lifting the 5GB cap, which made the fee a lot easier to swollow. I've come to notice that there was never a 5GB cap on Sprint phones, though...I used 14GB last month and never got charged extra.

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the OP is comprehending why some of us have such an issue with the $10 fee. Its not because we don't want to pay for 4g, its that a lot of us get to pay for 4g but not actually receive the service. Provide me with the service and I will gladly pay for it. Charge me for the service, but not allow me to use it and you can go fly a kite.

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That is just the unlimited plan.

If you want 450 minutes/unlimited data and text/navigation:

Sprint Pre - 69.99
AT&T iPhone - 39.99 + 30.00 + 20.00 + 9.99 = 99.98

If you want to compare to the Evo, add $10...but AT&T is sure to raise it's data plan price too.

With the Pre yes, but I am comparing my situation.

ATT iPhone (current subscriber) 39.99+30.00+20.00 = 89.99
Sprint EVO 69.99 + 10.00 = $79.99

Difference is $10.00

iPhone comes with google maps, if you want a navigation you can get it for $1.99 (one time fee) in the app store. No $10/month needed

I am still going with Sprint because I can't upgrade to the new iPhone till Jan and I want the best thing available (the EVO!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon