What time are you getting to RS? (non pre-orders)

ToothVore

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So i didn't think I would have the money together to get one on day one however I found out yesterday that I would have enough so I spent the last hour trying to find a store that would have one on day one. Holy **** these are sold out almost everywhere. Finally found a radioshack that said that if I get there by 6 am they would have one for me. I'm waking up at 4:30 and getting there by 5 am so If they don't have one heads are gonna roll.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ToothVore, you can always go to the closest Sprint store, they are first come, first serve.

I'd love to get mine early to start playing around right away, but what's a few hours in the scheme of things?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just received an awesome surprise a little while ago. I get a call from Radio Shack saying they have an EVO for me. I thought it was just the guy I'd spoken to last night until he said that they could open early. When I tried to confirm the location, he corrected me and said it was the one closest to me; the one that said last night to my face they didn't have any.

"But, I didn't leave any information with them last night," I said. It turns out that the clerk I dealt with last week who showed me the dummy and verified that I was eligible had gone ahead and put me on the standby list for any extra phones they got. They had a few and I'm getting one of them!!! :D

What was odd was he said that they open at 9, but that they could open earlier for me. Huh? I'm not sure what exactly was happening, but I could basically call my time and if I wanted to come in at 6, he drag himself in for me. (Again, huh?!?) I told him that there was no need for that because I don't want to be up that early and since he'd just done me an indestructible solid in hooking me up, 8 am would be fine since I'd be up then, that's when he'd be coming in normally, and I could then come in to work.

Awesome break! An adult beverage for my new friend at Radio Shack!

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome, I haven't gotten any such thing and am hoping my local RS isn't doing that to my EVOs... I doubt it as they said they're first come, first serve. I'm trying to avoid the wait at the Sprint store and the later start to the day post-Evo, but if I end up in NJ tracing one of these things down, so be it!

RamboDroid

A|C Fanboy
Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
i just called a sprint retail store not sprint store. And the guy said would you like to be on the list for an EVO i was like uhhh ya! He said ok i have 20 EVOs and the first 20 on the list i will hold for you if your here at 8 am sharply! If you are one of 20 and here at 802am no EVO for you. "I'll give it to the first guy to show up who is not on the list. So cool guess im am getting an EVO 2mro and only have to get up at 7:30 sounds good to me!

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine from RS..was waiting for my call tonight like they said the would, never did. So I called, and they said they 'think' the Evos should arrive by 11 AM tomorrow. So theres a chance they might not?? I'm going to flip out if I don't get my phone tomorrow!!

Oh yea, I'm new, coming from the Pre!!

ohseedee

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Radioshack sucks!!!
I tried to pre order one at my local RadioShack on 5/31 and they said no more, but there would be 3 up for grabs when they open up at 9am. I just called (thurs afternoon) to verify and this is what was said

Employee: "Thanks you for calling RadioShack, home of the HTC EVO 4g.? (Is this a joke?they are only getting 3!??)

Me: "Hi, I came in Monday I was told you guys have 5 HTC EVOs coming in tomorrow, with 2 pre ordered and 3 more as first-come-first-serve. I just wanted to make sure this was still true."

Employee: "We only have 3 coming and 2 are pre ordered. I don't know who told you we have 5 because we don't and I'm the manager so I know!! And all our phones are spoken for!!" (I was surprised that he sounded angry at, since I'm not the employee that gave false info)

Me: "I was told you guys stopped pre orders after 2. And you would have 3 more as first-come-first-serve."

Employee: "yes we only did 2 pre orders."

Me: "so you do have some that are not pre ordered??"

Employee: "yes we have some that are first-come-first-serve. You can come down first thing tomorrow." (I thought it was odd he
said ?some? since he just said there was only one)

Me: "ok great, so if I'm the first one there when you open I'll get a phone."

Employee: "no you won?t...all our phones are sold!!" (Why did he just tell me to come down if he won?t sell me a phone??)

Me: "I don't understand, you just said you have some for first-come-first-serve."

Employee: "yes those are sold. All our phones are sold! If you want one we can order one for you."

At this point I hung up out of frustration.
I'm I missing something?!?!? F RadioShack. I'll never be shopping there again...not that I ever did.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to stir the pot but you should have pre-ordered prior to the 31st. No RS or BB is going to hold a first come first serve phone, that would defeat the purpose. Just take the hit, go to the sprint store and buy it with the MIR

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Not trying to stir the pot but you should have pre-ordered prior to the 31st. No RS or BB is going to hold a first come first serve phone, that would defeat the purpose. Just take the hit, go to the sprint store and buy it with the MIR

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a good experience at my RS today. I was a bit nervous with reading the posts here that RS was letting people "speak for phones" even without pre-ordering them.