What time are you getting to RS? (non pre-orders)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What time is everyone who didn't have a pre-order going to RS?

My g/f and I are going at 5:30AM, just for the fun of it and those few extra hours of playing time before heading to work. We're each getting one also, so wanted to make sure there'd be enough for both of us, I hear that Evo envy can be a relationship killer... ;)

boliviano3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You should call them first. I went in to the one by my house yesterday and they said they would be open from 6am to 9am ONLY for customers that preordered the phone.

mrssexcee1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I was called today by my RS store rep and my appointment is at 8 since I was second to preorder so I am okay :). I can head to work at 8:30 right across the street :-D

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I looked at a dummy phone last Thursday, the clerk told me that they'd closed pre-orders the day before, but they were opening at 6 am. He made no mention that it was for pre-orders or what their stocking would be. I'm stopping in tonight to see what's what and see if I can roll in for an extra.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Goodluck Dirk, I have a Sprint store and RS virtually next to each other, so for some reason if I have a problem at RS I'm just going to mosey on over to the Sprint store.

From the person I spoke to (twice) at RS, they ordered extra, I hope yours did as well!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got EIGHT Radio Shacks within 5 miles of my place, so if they're low, I'll just start calling around. I should get lucky. It's not as if HTC are rookies at cranking out product unlike Palm was at launch. If they had those thousands to swag at I/O, they should have enough for the paying customers.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I called yesterday and was told they aren't opening unt 930. Today I got the call that they are opening at 6am. I chose 830 pickup.

I'm not sure why they are opening early, as far as I know it was only myself and an employee that pre-ordered

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
yea my bro didnt preorder n shack told him that he has to wait til sun to get it cause fri n sat they just gonna focus on pre-orders...but i dont knw how accurate that is

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just called my local RS and even tho I am a pre-orderer they too are opening bright and early 6am on Friday! They have over 20+ orders from what I have heard -

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hoo boy, I stopped at mine and they have all their non-preorder stock spoken for. The slow, clueless manager said that they were trying to get more and that if I left my info, he'd try to get me one at his store, "but it probably won't be Friday. It may be Saturday or maybe Sunday." Thanks, pal. Someone is asking if you have enough stock for FRIDAY MORNING and your best suggestion is to say you *may* get one by the weekend?!? Yeesh. Time to start calling around.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright I just got off the phone with my local RS.

They have 5 extra phones, they are selling these extras as first come, first serve starting at 6AM when they open. I need 2.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think closer to 5am will be better, maybe 4:45 to beat those "5AMers"... At least I can tell if I'm more than 5 people w/no pre-order back to go over to the Sprint store!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Called five other stores before hitting a "possible" score. All but one had NO EXTRAS; one claimed to have not even gotten their shipment (WTF? Another store said he was lying.); finally hit a store that said they had one left and took my name, but he didn't sound too bright and they aren't opening early. I'm not banking on him. I don't know where you people are with scores of extras and clerks saying, "Come on in," but good for you.

Interesting observation: EVERY store answered the phone, "Thank you for calling Radio Shack [or The Shack], home of the iPhone."

EDIT: Found a store opening at 6 with some "first come, first served" EVOs available. She couldn't say how many they had, but alluded that earlier would be better than later. Problem is, it's close to my work, but I don't start until 9. Argh!!! I'm usually sleeping until 8, not I've gotta get up a 5? ARGH!!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy