Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Default What time are you getting to RS? (non pre-orders)

What time is everyone who didn't have a pre-order going to RS?

My g/f and I are going at 5:30AM, just for the fun of it and those few extra hours of playing time before heading to work. We're each getting one also, so wanted to make sure there'd be enough for both of us, I hear that Evo envy can be a relationship killer...

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

I'll call first to make sure they have them (Not getting one at launch) so more than likely the early afternoon.
    </awesome>

You should call them first. I went in to the one by my house yesterday and they said they would be open from 6am to 9am ONLY for customers that preordered the phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I did call, they said they have extra, no appointment or pre-order necessary as the "extra" Evos are first come first serve.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

They called me a couple days ago and set me up for the 6:00 apt. Can't wait!

I was called today by my RS store rep and my appointment is at 8 since I was second to preorder so I am okay . I can head to work at 8:30 right across the street :-D

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

When I looked at a dummy phone last Thursday, the clerk told me that they'd closed pre-orders the day before, but they were opening at 6 am. He made no mention that it was for pre-orders or what their stocking would be. I'm stopping in tonight to see what's what and see if I can roll in for an extra.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Goodluck Dirk, I have a Sprint store and RS virtually next to each other, so for some reason if I have a problem at RS I'm just going to mosey on over to the Sprint store.

From the person I spoke to (twice) at RS, they ordered extra, I hope yours did as well!

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've got EIGHT Radio Shacks within 5 miles of my place, so if they're low, I'll just start calling around. I should get lucky. It's not as if HTC are rookies at cranking out product unlike Palm was at launch. If they had those thousands to swag at I/O, they should have enough for the paying customers.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I hear you on that one, I'm in NYC and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting an Evo on friday, one way or another.
    Thanked by:

I called yesterday and was told they aren't opening unt 930. Today I got the call that they are opening at 6am. I chose 830 pickup.

I'm not sure why they are opening early, as far as I know it was only myself and an employee that pre-ordered

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

yea my bro didnt preorder n shack told him that he has to wait til sun to get it cause fri n sat they just gonna focus on pre-orders...but i dont knw how accurate that is

Just called my local RS and even tho I am a pre-orderer they too are opening bright and early 6am on Friday! They have over 20+ orders from what I have heard -
    Palm Pre 6-6-09
    HTC EVO 6-4-10
    HTC EVO 3D 6-24-11

My Phone Has 3 Camera's, How Many Does Yours Have?!?!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I'm starting to think 5:30AM may not be early enough to ensure I can get 2 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    I'm starting to think 5:30AM may not be early enough to ensure I can get 2 of them!
    I think the early opening is only for pre-orders. Walk ins will most likely start at 930 when the stores open to the public.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hoo boy, I stopped at mine and they have all their non-preorder stock spoken for. The slow, clueless manager said that they were trying to get more and that if I left my info, he'd try to get me one at his store, "but it probably won't be Friday. It may be Saturday or maybe Sunday." Thanks, pal. Someone is asking if you have enough stock for FRIDAY MORNING and your best suggestion is to say you *may* get one by the weekend?!? Yeesh. Time to start calling around.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Alright I just got off the phone with my local RS.

They have 5 extra phones, they are selling these extras as first come, first serve starting at 6AM when they open. I need 2.

Yup, thats exactly what my local store manager said!! i plan on getting there around 4:30, maybe 5:00 am.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Yeah I think closer to 5am will be better, maybe 4:45 to beat those "5AMers"... At least I can tell if I'm more than 5 people w/no pre-order back to go over to the Sprint store!

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Called five other stores before hitting a "possible" score. All but one had NO EXTRAS; one claimed to have not even gotten their shipment (WTF? Another store said he was lying.); finally hit a store that said they had one left and took my name, but he didn't sound too bright and they aren't opening early. I'm not banking on him. I don't know where you people are with scores of extras and clerks saying, "Come on in," but good for you.

Interesting observation: EVERY store answered the phone, "Thank you for calling Radio Shack [or The Shack], home of the iPhone."

EDIT: Found a store opening at 6 with some "first come, first served" EVOs available. She couldn't say how many they had, but alluded that earlier would be better than later. Problem is, it's close to my work, but I don't start until 9. Argh!!! I'm usually sleeping until 8, not I've gotta get up a 5? ARGH!!!!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

There's always Sprint, who should have plenty... hopefully.

So i didn't think I would have the money together to get one on day one however I found out yesterday that I would have enough so I spent the last hour trying to find a store that would have one on day one. Holy **** these are sold out almost everywhere. Finally found a radioshack that said that if I get there by 6 am they would have one for me. I'm waking up at 4:30 and getting there by 5 am so If they don't have one heads are gonna roll.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

ToothVore, you can always go to the closest Sprint store, they are first come, first serve.

I'd love to get mine early to start playing around right away, but what's a few hours in the scheme of things?

I would do that but I have to be to work by 8 am and I dont think any sprint stores around me are going to be open before 8.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Talking

I just received an awesome surprise a little while ago. I get a call from Radio Shack saying they have an EVO for me. I thought it was just the guy I'd spoken to last night until he said that they could open early. When I tried to confirm the location, he corrected me and said it was the one closest to me; the one that said last night to my face they didn't have any.

"But, I didn't leave any information with them last night," I said. It turns out that the clerk I dealt with last week who showed me the dummy and verified that I was eligible had gone ahead and put me on the standby list for any extra phones they got. They had a few and I'm getting one of them!!!

What was odd was he said that they open at 9, but that they could open earlier for me. Huh? I'm not sure what exactly was happening, but I could basically call my time and if I wanted to come in at 6, he drag himself in for me. (Again, huh?!?) I told him that there was no need for that because I don't want to be up that early and since he'd just done me an indestructible solid in hooking me up, 8 am would be fine since I'd be up then, that's when he'd be coming in normally, and I could then come in to work.

Awesome break! An adult beverage for my new friend at Radio Shack!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast