Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Should I completely drain the battery?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that completely draining the battery on first use will help extend battery life. Anyone planning on doing this?

I saw on another forum that this doesn't matter with the Li-On battery in the Evo. Is this correct? I hope it is, I always forget to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by ataneja View Post
    I saw on another forum that this doesn't matter with the Li-On battery in the Evo. Is this correct? I hope it is, I always forget to do this!
    with newer batteries this is not necessary. Li-on batteries dont need to be drained fully before use.

I don't know the correct answer to this but I will probably do it. I figure I will be playing on it so much that I will probably completely drain the battery anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ataneja View Post
    This is correct.. Li-Ion batteries don't have a memory like some of the other ones, so you can't really 'condition' it.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Don't store it in a hot place and try not to store it at 100% charge, those are the biggest reasons that batteries die early.