Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC EVO charging requirments same as other Micro USB phones?

I've collected a few Micro USB chargers over the years. I'm wondering if the EVO uses the same USB charging standard as the treo pro, palm pre, samsung rant, etc. Can anyone comfirm this? WooHoo! T-2 days and counting!

Standard is 5v. My guess is that they will work, but I would never use a non standard charger for my phones. Warranty is usually voided by using the wrong parts, but apart from that, isn't using a Palm/Samsung charger like giving your child dog food? Just because it says food on it doesn't make it kid food.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Standard is 5v. My guess is that they will work, but I would never use a non standard charger for my phones. Warranty is usually voided by using the wrong parts, but apart from that, isn't using a Palm/Samsung charger like giving your child dog food? Just because it says food on it doesn't make it kid food.
    Well I assume since they don't give you a car charger in the box, they don't really care what you plug it into. I use a Motorolla car adapter with my current phone and it's been trouble free. It will be plugged into the EVO as soon as I get that sucker in my car.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

That's kinda where I was going with this. I hame many micro usb chargers to include my usb car adapter...

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Well I assume since they don't give you a car charger in the box, they don't really care what you plug it into. I use a Motorolla car adapter with my current phone and it's been trouble free. It will be plugged into the EVO as soon as I get that sucker in my car.
    There is a reason why they have EVO chargers. I prefer to use something that is meant for my phone. That's all.

Do whatever you want though. That's the beauty of it. My opinion doesn't have to be your opinion.

There is a reason why they have EVO chargers. I prefer to use something that is meant for my phone. That's all.

Do whatever you want though. That's the beauty of it. My opinion doesn't have to be your opinion.
    there is a standard that they follow for USB devices.
    the standard is 5V.
    my car charger for the Pre puts out 5v at 1a.... and will be fine for the EVO.
    they sell chargers for the EVO but they are not propritary for the phone.

No offense or anything... but I swear this is like the 5th thread on this topic in the last week or two. Does anyone not use the search option first? :rolleyes:

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

any standard microUSB charger should work, it's not like samsung-flavored electricity comes out of it

#random seems like phones come with less and less. I remember when I got the instinct, it has stylus, 2 batteries, case to charge the battery in, headset

As long as it's standard USB 5volt, it should be fine. Note that the less milliamps it provides, the slower it will charge (or not even charge at all). I believe the in-the-box charger is 1 amp (1000 milliamps).

Warranty is usually voided by using the wrong parts,
    how would they ever know if you didn't tell them?