Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default Are all Best Buys requiring that you schedule an appointment?

My Best Buy seems a lot more casual about this whole thing. Until yesterday all they had up to announce the EVO was a black-and-white photocopy of the pre-order form. (Now they have two color print-outs!) No queue number on my form, no one told me anything about being called to schedule an appointment or anything. I just assumed I'd walk in whenever on Friday (super-early, obviously) and just get the phone.

Should I be panicking that I may not get my precious EVO exactly when I want to?

just call ur bestbuy and make sure they havent setup appointments and maybe misplaced ur preorder cuz some ppl have had that happen

i called my bestbuy up and asked and they told me they were not setting up appointments and i could come friday anytime and have my evo waiting for me

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I would call and ask. i know when i pre-ordered mine i got to pick my time right there. i just called to see if they where planing on opening early to see if i could bump up my time and they where like be here at 9:30 (drooling smilly) and they offered to install the screen protector free if i wanted to buy one it will be rpe installed when i pick up the phone.

My Best Buy is acting the same way. I asked a few weeks ago about an appointment and they said they weren't doing them. I still felt odd about it so I called a few days ago and I asked them about needing an appointment and they said it depended on when I pre-ordered, I replied saying I was the second one, and he said I should be fine just to come in when I want.

I still feel like I didn't get a real good answer on this.

No appointments at my local Best Buy, just walk-in and pick it up. No extra goodies either.

My local Best Buy isn't doing appointments, either.

My local BB just called and confirmed the appointment. 7:40am Friday, can't wait!!

They had earlier confirmed that they will be giving out the free bluetooth headset.

I just received my call at 9am the earliest that they had here in Charleston, SC

ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2

I have a 3PM appt. What was I thinking agreeing to wait that long? ha lol.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phobia View Post
    My local BB just called and confirmed the appointment. 7:40am Friday, can't wait!!

They had earlier confirmed that they will be giving out the free bluetooth headset.
    Out of curiosity, where do you live? The stores here in MA don't seem to be doing anything fancy, let alone giving away headsets.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Well my best but just called me today so they will prob. get it to you by tomorrow hopefully
    Banned

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

i just receive a call from Best Buy and they gave me an appointment of 3:00p.m every pre order phone has a name of the customers who pre order thats what the guy over the phone just told me so i wouldnt worry about it if you pre order it and they called you then you are getting one.. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa boieeeeeeeeeeeeee.. im sooooooo happy this is my first droid phone never had one, i left my palm pre for this phone so .. im very excited .. sorry im just happy

just got that call from bb and i had to set up for 230 friday and they said i get a free bluetooth. cant wait.

My Best Buy just called and told me that my EVO would be waiting for me to pick up on Friday and that they were opening an hour earlier at 9:00 am (I knew this already). They also offered to put a screen protector on it for me, but I declined, since it didn't appear to be a non-glare protector.

wow, just got my call and I'm scheduled for NOON!! Freaking noon, are you kidding me??!!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chil_man View Post
    i just receive a call from Best Buy and they gave me an appointment of 3:00p.m every pre order phone has a name of the customers who pre order thats what the guy over the phone just told me so i wouldnt worry about it if you pre order it and they called you then you are getting one.. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa boieeeeeeeeeeeeee.. im sooooooo happy this is my first droid phone never had one, i left my palm pre for this phone so .. im very excited .. sorry im just happy
    Mine too, the EVO is replacing my HTC Touch Diamond. Great screen but good lord I hate windows mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightshrute View Post
    wow, just got my call and I'm scheduled for NOON!! Freaking noon, are you kidding me??!!
    Patience, grasshopper...

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon PhoneApart View Post
    Patience, grasshopper...

Not nearly as sweet as Pai Mei!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Not nearly as sweet as Pai Mei!

My greed has gotten the best of me master.

I dropped by my BB today and confirmed they are NOT doing appt's. They are giving away a free BT headset, though.

He said they would be calling tomorrow to let us know our EVO was in and to try to sell us some accessories.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen Mod 6.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by chil_man View Post
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaa boieeeeeeeeeeeeee..
    John Witherspoon would be so proud of you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by praytorain View Post
    My Best Buy is acting the same way. I asked a few weeks ago about an appointment and they said they weren't doing them. I still felt odd about it so I called a few days ago and I asked them about needing an appointment and they said it depended on when I pre-ordered, I replied saying I was the second one, and he said I should be fine just to come in when I want.

I still feel like I didn't get a real good answer on this.
    Always trust your gut. I leave my phone in my car tonight after work and I miss the call from Best Buy who is now taking appointments. I have asked them three times about it and never felt comfortable with their answer. Now by the voicemail the left me, they are opening early. I know I won't get the early appointment now, cause I got the voicemail after they closed and now I have to call them back.

I never leave my phone in the car, what a night to forget it

Mine in Mt Juilte TN is scheduling appointments. I like is, I will leave work a little early and not have to worry about lines or waiting. It should be a lot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by praytorain View Post
    Always trust your gut. I leave my phone in my car tonight after work and I miss the call from Best Buy who is now taking appointments. I have asked them three times about it and never felt comfortable with their answer. Now by the voicemail the left me, they are opening early. I know I won't get the early appointment now, cause I got the voicemail after they closed and now I have to call them back.

I never leave my phone in the car, what a night to forget it
    My Best Buy just keeps changing their story, but for the better. I just called got the earliest appointment 9AM (which they said they weren't opening early and weren't doing appointments just 2 days ago). Also they are now giving away a bluetooth headset with it (which they weren't doing just 2 days ago). I am excited, less than 24 now!

my local best buy is giving me a free bluetooth headset with my EVO !!!! (not sure which brand, but i thought it was worth mentioning)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast