Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can anyone from Sprint help me?

I just called my local Sprint to ask them when they would open and I was told to not go, because they were sold out. I asked them that I didnt want to pre-order but walk in and buy it and they said they had already sold their extra phones, so not to bother. I am pretty sure this is not supposed to be done and was wondering if anyone here who works for sprint or has had this happen to them could help me out.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Someone told me that Sprint doesn't even do pre-orders, so they are really screwing me over.

They aren't aloud to do pre-orders. This is from a friend that works at sprint. He was going to put one to the side for me, and was told very politely by his manager, that it would not happen. So I will be there when the store opens. This guarantees me my phone. It is Sprint policy by what he was told. They have to be sold to the customers that are there first.
    By By AT&T, I have Me an EVO. To me, the Phone of all Phones.
    Sae's Apps My EVO is sporting: CM7.1.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Yeah I'd pay absolutely no attention to who you spoke with. The only "rational" conclusion i can come to is that he didn't want to deal with people Friday morning so he was telling you they were sold out. My store advised no pre order and opening at 8.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I just came back from my local Sprint store. I was told they were not even supposed to put out any accessories for the Evo, no holding phones, no pre orders. 1st come 1st serve. I did find out they are opening an hour early, so after numerous years since my concert going days I shall be standing in line for the Evo Fri AM.
    I did manage to get the Mgrs mobile number. As long as my place in line is within the number of phones he has in stock, I'm golden.
    If not...I still have my pre order @ BB...but I don't think I'll pay the 200.00 BB markup over Sprints price
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am in for a morning of arguing. This store is kind of shady. My wife went a couple of weeks ago and was talking about the Evo with an employee there and they offered to save her one, so they are definitely not going by the rules. I have emailed Sprint, chatted with them...I will take all the proof I can get to see if I can walk out with a phone. Looks like they pre-sold the phones to make sure they get their commission.

As others have said, Sprint stores will be first come first serve. Most corperate Sprint stores are opening two hours early at 8am. Call and see if yours is, and if they are, show up and get an EVO!

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ddunn View Post
    I just came back from my local Sprint store. I was told they were not even supposed to put out any accessories for the Evo, no holding phones, no pre orders. 1st come 1st serve. I did find out they are opening an hour early, so after numerous years since my concert going days I shall be standing in line for the Evo Fri AM.
    I did manage to get the Mgrs mobile number. As long as my place in line is within the number of phones he has in stock, I'm golden.
    If not...I still have my pre order @ BB...but I don't think I'll pay the 200.00 BB markup over Sprints price
    My BB said they would price match the Sprint Store... I know they have for me in the past as well.

There's a local sprint store here that sells refurbished phones as new units. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were other crooked stores that are taking pre-orders

ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by ddunn View Post

What markup are you referring to? I was told that i would pay $199 at BB versus the $299 w/ $100 MIR with Sprint.

Yes, it's 199 at RS and BB. Sprint Stores is 299 up front, so I don't know what markup you are speaking of. There is none.

There is a mark up for people buying out of contract

ROM
    Myn's Warm 2.2

Gotcha. I'm not worried about that. Thanks for the info Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I am in for a morning of arguing. This store is kind of shady. My wife went a couple of weeks ago and was talking about the Evo with an employee there and they offered to save her one, so they are definitely not going by the rules. I have emailed Sprint, chatted with them...I will take all the proof I can get to see if I can walk out with a phone. Looks like they pre-sold the phones to make sure they get their commission.
    Whats the location of the store? Store phone #, etc.. This will help tremendously.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Store # 849 Western Plaza Shopping Center
    Mayaguez, PR 00680
    (787) 265-4727

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Yes, it's 199 at RS and BB. Sprint Stores is 299 up front, so I don't know what markup you are speaking of. There is none.
    you also pay the tax on the $299 at the sprint store, while you only pay tax for $199 at BB or RS...this saves you an additional $8-$10 depending on where you live

^ That depends on what state you're in. In California, the sales tax is on the full retail price of the item at that particular retailer. $449 at Sprint, $499 at RS, and $599 at BB.

Quote Originally Posted by peoplesinc View Post
    Gotcha. I'm not worried about that. Thanks for the info Doc.
    Anytime bud

Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Whats the location of the store? Store phone #, etc.. This will help tremendously.
    Sounds like a store could get into trouble for this
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I fhtey do screw over customers who arrive hoping to get one I would like to get them in trouble, just dont know who I would have to contact from sprint.

I preordered at a Sprint store. YES! I gave them a $50 deposit and they are giving me a $20 discount plus a free car charger.

I'm just showing up when the Sprint store opens.

Thats crazy this must be a retail chain and not a corperate store. That is the only way they can get away with it. Is it sprint store exclusive? or does it sell other carriers. My store is doing a first come first serve basis only. It is also a retail chain that only deals with sprint.

It's a retail chain, not a corporate store, but they just do Sprint and some prepaid stuff.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Mine is a corporate store, I have talked to various representatives and they have told me that no corporate stores are allowed to do this, they dont do it online or by telesales either. I am in for a fight on friday and I feel I will loose, since I dont have who to contact or call if they say no. I am going to go to radioshack and see how many they have in stock, what time they open, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    Mine is a corporate store, I have talked to various representatives and they have told me that no corporate stores are allowed to do this, they dont do it online or by telesales either. I am in for a fight on friday and I feel I will loose, since I dont have who to contact or call if they say no. I am going to go to radioshack and see how many they have in stock, what time they open, etc.
    call executive customer service to straighten it out. They report directly to the CEO. 703.433.4401
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast