Can anyone from Sprint help me?

aparigraba

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just called my local Sprint to ask them when they would open and I was told to not go, because they were sold out. I asked them that I didnt want to pre-order but walk in and buy it and they said they had already sold their extra phones, so not to bother. I am pretty sure this is not supposed to be done and was wondering if anyone here who works for sprint or has had this happen to them could help me out.

Saepak

May 9, 2010
Visit site
They aren't aloud to do pre-orders. This is from a friend that works at sprint. He was going to put one to the side for me, and was told very politely by his manager, that it would not happen. So I will be there when the store opens. This guarantees me my phone. It is Sprint policy by what he was told. They have to be sold to the customers that are there first.

mmalloy984

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'd pay absolutely no attention to who you spoke with. The only "rational" conclusion i can come to is that he didn't want to deal with people Friday morning so he was telling you they were sold out. My store advised no pre order and opening at 8.

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I just came back from my local Sprint store. I was told they were not even supposed to put out any accessories for the Evo, no holding phones, no pre orders. 1st come 1st serve. I did find out they are opening an hour early, so after numerous years since my concert going days I shall be standing in line for the Evo Fri AM.
I did manage to get the Mgrs mobile number. As long as my place in line is within the number of phones he has in stock, I'm golden.
If not...I still have my pre order @ BB...but I don't think I'll pay the 200.00 BB markup over Sprints price

aparigraba

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I am in for a morning of arguing. This store is kind of shady. My wife went a couple of weeks ago and was talking about the Evo with an employee there and they offered to save her one, so they are definitely not going by the rules. I have emailed Sprint, chatted with them...I will take all the proof I can get to see if I can walk out with a phone. Looks like they pre-sold the phones to make sure they get their commission.

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
As others have said, Sprint stores will be first come first serve. Most corperate Sprint stores are opening two hours early at 8am. Call and see if yours is, and if they are, show up and get an EVO! :)

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I just came back from my local Sprint store. I was told they were not even supposed to put out any accessories for the Evo, no holding phones, no pre orders. 1st come 1st serve. I did find out they are opening an hour early, so after numerous years since my concert going days I shall be standing in line for the Evo Fri AM.
I did manage to get the Mgrs mobile number. As long as my place in line is within the number of phones he has in stock, I'm golden.
If not...I still have my pre order @ BB...but I don't think I'll pay the 200.00 BB markup over Sprints price

My BB said they would price match the Sprint Store... I know they have for me in the past as well.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
There's a local sprint store here that sells refurbished phones as new units. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were other crooked stores that are taking pre-orders

peoplesinc

May 29, 2010
Visit site

What markup are you referring to? I was told that i would pay $199 at BB versus the $299 w/ $100 MIR with Sprint.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's 199 at RS and BB. Sprint Stores is 299 up front, so I don't know what markup you are speaking of. There is none.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am in for a morning of arguing. This store is kind of shady. My wife went a couple of weeks ago and was talking about the Evo with an employee there and they offered to save her one, so they are definitely not going by the rules. I have emailed Sprint, chatted with them...I will take all the proof I can get to see if I can walk out with a phone. Looks like they pre-sold the phones to make sure they get their commission.

Whats the location of the store? Store phone #, etc.. This will help tremendously.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's 199 at RS and BB. Sprint Stores is 299 up front, so I don't know what markup you are speaking of. There is none.

you also pay the tax on the $299 at the sprint store, while you only pay tax for $199 at BB or RS...this saves you an additional $8-$10 depending on where you live

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
^ That depends on what state you're in. In California, the sales tax is on the full retail price of the item at that particular retailer. $449 at Sprint, $499 at RS, and $599 at BB.

aparigraba

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I fhtey do screw over customers who arrive hoping to get one I would like to get them in trouble, just dont know who I would have to contact from sprint.