Sigh... getting issues with the SD card as well.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
And you're using the stock one? Did you try to replace with a different card? Let us know please? I have a 8gb Class 4 Sandisk card, and the first thing I will do before even turning it on is put that card in there!

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Sprint and HTC already know about this little problem that's starting to come up very often. *scratches head*.. Hope they fixed it before they sent all of those pretty evos out to sprint stores and retailers.

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Sprint and HTC already know about this and said the Google I/O Evos are the only ones that have that problem.

Talking about this in another forum and some of them just formatted the card and it seemed to be fine after that.

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Going to try to get to the bottom of it. Kind of sucks... sad Panda.

Keith - Did you format the card immediately (as in, straight out of the box before you started using the phone to store stuff on the microSD card. I would guess not.)? Some folks are claiming that formatting the card before adding data solves the problem before it starts.

I guess there's no downside to doing so, I'm just hoping it works...

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Formatted and now it seems to not being losing anything (especially in EStrong File Explorer, couldn't even read the card from there). I didn't think to logcat it before I tried all that to see what kind of error I was getting bounced back. HTC Sense has caused this type of issue before with the media scanner crashing, but I can't confirm this was it.

I jumped the gun and did what I do best, tried to go straight to solving it.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I switched cards with my Hero's 8GB and it seems fine EXCEPT that maybe once a day or so, the card starts running slow (checked by SD Card Speed Test app). A reboot fixes the speed. Makes me wonder if I don't reboot if it will eventually start failing again.

Interestingly enough, I have had issues with uploading images to Picasa where the images show up on Picasa with some corruption (jaggy grey bar at the bottom). Seems to only happen when the card is in the funky slow state. A reboot and reupload fixes it.

Now HERE'S where it gets even MORE interesting...the same thing is happening on my Hero! And I've updated my Hero to 2.1 and it has Sense on it as well.

I'm not saying these issues are necessarily related, but it's simply more data to figure out what may be wrong. Personally, I think it's a 2.1 software bug, probably with Sense.

Would be interested to see if anyone else sees what I am seeing...a slowdown of the SD card throughout the day. Basically, run SD Card Speed Test throughout the day and note down the numbers. For me, by the end of the day, it has a write speed of 1mb/s, and that's when I get Picasa upload issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs