Boot up time...

naldiian

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
WOAH, takes my pre about a minute thirty to boot, and that was before I installed the 750mhz patch!

WTF is up with your pre bro!?!?

Mine takes 3-4 minutes as well... and just about everyone I have seen comment about the Pre boot time, ever or anywhere, has stated that theirs takes a retarded amount of time as well. From everything I have seen, YOURS is the odd Pre.

Do you have a newer Pre for non-Sprint networks maybe?

ataneja

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you got your Tour at launch, your not eligible for an upgrade until 7/1 (it was released on 7/12/09). Are you purchasing without the subsidy? Waiting 3 more weeks will save you at least $250.

I have the Tour as well, and they moved my upgrade up a month so I can get the Evo on Friday!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If you watch this video the boot up time is
1:38 - 1:40 mins

YouTube - HTC Evo 4G (Sprint) Review: Hardware

That seems wrong. Check Phil's review. It takes the Evo around 30-40 seconds to boot up. Also check some other video reviews. It's around that time.

Is it a Pre Plus? All Sprint Pre's take 3-6 minutes to boot...

No. My Sprint Pre takes 1:30 - 2:00 to boot. Same as my dad's.
It can sometimes take longer or shorter... depending on weird things I don't know about.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm weird. I wonder why some boot that quick. Mine has never booted in 1:30...

We are talking cold boot (Full power off or battery insert). Not a Luna restart. Luna restarts take 1-2 minutes.

DougDarden

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm weird. I wonder why some boot that quick. Mine has never booted in 1:30...

We are talking cold boot (Full power off or battery insert). Not a Luna restart. Luna restarts take 1-2 minutes.

Just rebooted my Sprint Pre (full power off) and it took 2 minutes 24 seconds. So basically, you could reboot the Evo THREE times in the time it takes my Pre to boot ONCE? Wow. Crazy.

Friday can't get here soon enough...

- Doug

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
webOS takes 5 minutes to boot up also on the Pre and Pixi.

just in case no ones men.tioned it.
it does NOT take 5 minutes, the Pre is under 2minutes, barely and the Pixi is a few seconds faster.
still too long but not THAT long.

VMdoug

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree on the boot times. I travel a lot and I always hate how people using their Black Berry's and iPhones are checking email/calling soon after the plane lands and I have to wait 4-5 minutes before my Pre is even started. Even once it's booted it still takes time to "settle down" and become useable. Heading to The Shack in 24 hours to get my EVO...can't wait!

anish3232

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
PRE boot times are dependent on how many apps are installed on the device. More apps = longer boot times. I had about 30 to 40apps took around 1min45sec with a 800mhz overclock.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hm... luna restarts for me USED to be 30 seconds or less.
Now they take a minute or so.

But full cold hard resets take me like 2 min.... I don't want to actually test it out. That would mean I'd have to wait for it ;/

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I would always dread Palm Pre resets. it was agony and filled with such frustration, ESPECIALLY dead battery recharges.
My default battery warning would never warn me in adequate time and would result in a call being disconnected and left the person whom I was talking to clueless as to what happened to me for minutes on end..

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
OMG yes... I know we're all hating on the Pre here, but that was one of the more frustrating things.

When i saw the dead battery sign and I put it on charge... I knew I would have to wait 10 minutes at the least.

jlog88

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree on the boot times. I travel a lot and I always hate how people using their Black Berry's and iPhones are checking email/calling soon after the plane lands and I have to wait 4-5 minutes before my Pre is even started. Even once it's booted it still takes time to "settle down" and become useable. Heading to The Shack in 24 hours to get my EVO...can't wait!

I've just given in and refused to actually power down my pre on the plane. I just put on airplane mode and put it in my pocket. It doesn't REALLY mess with the plane's systems...they proved it on Mythbusters, so it HAS to be true! LOL

crackerstyle

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've just given in and refused to actually power down my pre on the plane. I just put on airplane mode and put it in my pocket. It doesn't REALLY mess with the plane's systems...they proved it on Mythbusters, so it HAS to be true! LOL

I started doing that too. I like turning my phone on just as the plane lands, so I can text while on the way to the gate. It got to the point where I'd turn on my Pre just as the plane touched down and I would be almost off the plane before I could use it. Last couple times I flew I did just what you did and just put it in airplane mode and left it on. LOL.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I'm in a small summer class where the teacher is pretty bad when it comes to interruptions.

She said everyone to turn their phone off.
I just put mine on silent and in airplane mode. No way I'm waiting that long to turn it back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol