Boot up time...

map246

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Very much a noob Droid user question, but...

How long does it take for this phone to boot up?

I'm considering a 2nd battery to have with me, but don't want to waste my time if it takes 6 minutes to boot up as my RIM Storm 2.

Also (again coming from a Storm 2) is there any need to ever pull the battery, or perform a "soft reset" for Droid phones. Any former RIM user, will know what I mean.

Thanks for wasting your time on such noob question.

35 hours till my appointment at Best Buy :)

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Very much a noob Droid user question, but...

How long does it take for this phone to boot up?

I'm considering a 2nd battery to have with me, but don't want to waste my time if it takes 6 minutes to boot up as my RIM Storm 2.

Also (again coming from a Storm 2) is there any need to ever pull the battery, or perform a "soft reset" for Droid phones. Any former RIM user, will know what I mean.

Thanks for wasting your time on such noob question.

35 hours till my appointment at Best Buy :)

This forum is for the Evo, not the Droid. You must have the wrong forum.

The Evo (phone) runs the Android software. The Droid (phone) also runs the Android software, so perhaps that's why you're confused.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone boots in about 40 seconds like the EVO. I remember seeing a three-way head-to-head when the Pre came out between it, an iPhone, and a third I can't recall and it took so long for the Pre to boot (mine takes 3-3.5 mins.) they had to edit the tape.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My old G1 booted in under a minute I don't think it had much to do with the processor. My Blackberry curve 8900 about 3-4 minutes and Bold 9700 about 2-3 minutes. I'm so glad to get an Android phone back!!!!

map246

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This forum is for the Evo, not the Droid. You must have the wrong forum.

The Evo (phone) runs the Android software. The Droid (phone) also runs the Android software, so perhaps that's why you're confused.

No....not confused. I have my Evo (phone) pre ordered at Best Buy (store) to pick up at 0900 on Friday. It was in direct reference to the Evo (phone) which runs the Android software (mistakenly referred to as Droid).

I humbly apologize for the misuse of the word 'Droid'.

Eguy

Lloyd Lover
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
It's those damn Verizon commercials brainwashing everyone and making them think Android is Droid and the only phones are the Moto Droid and Incredible :D.

map246

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's those damn Verizon commercials brainwashing everyone and making them think Android is Droid and the only phones are the Moto Droid and Incredible :D.

Exactly.

Before I started looking at the Evo, (and before my Storm 2 began royally pissing me off with ridiculous battery life and the prerequisite battery pull daily) I thought that 'Droid' and 'Android' were one and the same.

Damn Verizon....

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Exactly.

Before I started looking at the Evo, (and before my Storm 2 began royally pissing me off with ridiculous battery life and the prerequisite battery pull daily) I thought that 'Droid' and 'Android' were one and the same.

Damn Verizon....

It really is a poorly coordinated marketing plan. At first, it seemed catchy and I thought it was a good idea to promote the Droid. However, as time passes on, I think Google's brand is only going to be hurt in the long run by the general public's confusion.

/sigh

Switching to the Evo from Verizon? Interesting. Sprint must love you... ;-)

jmyadagod

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think that is one of the only things i dreadfully hate about my Pre it takes forever (forever>=5 mins lol) and if ur battery dies and u have to charge before it turns on make it 10 min.... I was impressed by how fast my sister in laws hd2 booted up so i am glad to hear under a minute boot time for Evo

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 3g: 40'ish seconds
Iphone 3gs: 25'ish seconds
Palm Pre: 1 min. 40'ish seconds
Blackberries: 3-10 minutes, lol...
HTC Evo: 30-40 seconds

Hope that helps.

I have a Palm Pre... lol I hate restarting the thing... sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes.

TechAd

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
No....not confused. I have my Evo (phone) pre ordered at Best Buy (store) to pick up at 0900 on Friday. It was in direct reference to the Evo (phone) which runs the Android software (mistakenly referred to as Droid).

I humbly apologize for the misuse of the word 'Droid'.

When using the word Droid make sure you always put "DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies."

Verizon and Moto don't even ef with George Lucas, watch your back buddy! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol