Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink be honest

who took the day off of work? I did and I don't imagine there to be long lines because most people will have to work. All of my co-workers are ripping on me because of it to, I say they won't be for long.

I am not going into work on Friday so I can play with my new toy all day while everyone else is hard at work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Second that.

Global Posts
    1,455 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I'm gonna have time before my shift to play and plenty of time at work to futz with it. If RS sells out, I've got a huge Sprint store near work, so I should be able to get one. Here's to hoping.

I am taking a vacation day! My company only works half days on Fridays so it is only a half day of vacation. My apoinment is at 9:00 AM. I didn't want to wait unil after noon to get it.

I was the 15th person to pre-order at my local BB. I figured I would never get an early appointment so I only took a half day at work. Yesterday BB called me to setup the appointment and said they had a 7:00am available. I was shocked. I took the 7:00am slot and then decided that there was no way I was going to get anything done at work. I asked my boss to give me the day off instead of a half day. I can't wait. Less than 33 hours.

ill be workign but i told my boss not to expect alot to be done

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I called off as well, I have other things to do as well (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

It worked out perfect for me, I'm off Thurs-Sun.... So, I'll have 3 days to enjoy it, lol.... I love 12hr shifts.... lol
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

I told everyone I'd be late when the 6/4 date was announced, I would of taken the day but it's pay day and I want accessories.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Wink

I should have made this a poll thread, maybe a mod could change it for me.

I tried to request off but my managers girlfriend is graduating that day and he had already taken a vacation day. So I volunteered to open from 9-11:30am and then its straight to Radio Shack to pick up my baby and play with it for the rest of the day! We're making that other manager work the rest of the day, muwahahaha!!

i'm taking the day off too

I work from home that day, and I've already told my boss I wouldn't be available for the first half of the day.
    Being that it's a Friday, it's usually a very light day, so far I've got just one conference call scheduled.

It may be the single lowest productive day of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    I told everyone I'd be late when the 6/4 date was announced, I would of taken the day but it's pay day and I want accessories.
    Direct deposit FTW!

I cant take the day off, I have to sell the darn things lol.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr, my partner has the day off, but I can't get it off. My appointment isn't until 4:30
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Direct deposit FTW!
    Oh that would of been sweet, then I could of locked myself with my Evo and try everything..

Though, on the flip side, I doubt there will be much productivity on Evo day!

i could only take 3/4 of the day off. i go into work from 12pm to 2pm and then its time to customize baby, although i probably will be starting at 8:01 am on 6/4.

I took the day off. My niece graduates on Friday evening, anyway.

I requested off the 4th and my appt. is at 8:00 am. I'm the first in my community. I'll still however only have limited time as I'm sure the fox hound will have other plans for me on this day! Probably should just go back to flip phone that way I'll be at the commanders order.

Quote Originally Posted by bensEVO View Post
    I requested off the 4th and my appt. is at 8:00 am. I'm the first in my community. I'll still however only have limited time as I'm sure the fox hound will have other plans for me on this day! Probably should just go back to flip phone that way I'll be at the commanders order.

LOL! That is exactly why I did not take the day off. I can go to my office and play on the phone there

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Team XRON; Sense or Aosp

I requested a half day and got the whole day off

Vacation day here, as soon as it was announced what the launch day was I had the request in for the day off. I too got ripped on a bunch, but then everyone wants to see what the phone looks like and what my review is. Go figure. First app that i will have to get is SkyDroid so I can test out the GPS functionality.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

i have a call in job they usually call me during weekends, i made the appointment at RS at 1:30, so if they were to call i will say i have a graduation to attend. :P
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast