Evo and reported microSD card issue

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
There have been a few blog posts floating around (not from us) sounding the alarm about bad microSD cards being shipped with the Evo -- mainly in that the phone occasionally can't write to the card. I've only seen this problem a few (as in less than five) times with mine, and a reboot cleared it right up. That made it pretty obvious that it wasn't a physical problem with the card or anything.

Not wanting to go Chicken Little all over this thing, we've been in contact with HTC regarding the issue. HTC's been testing a solution and is planning on an over-the-air software update.

No exact date yet for when it'll push out, so stay tuned.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I would much rather it be a software issue than hardware, easier to fix!

I can live with it short term as long as the data on the card doesn't get corrupted.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
There have been a few blog posts floating around (not from us) sounding the alarm about bad microSD cards being shipped with the Evo -- mainly in that the phone occasionally can't write to the card. I've only seen this problem a few (as in less than five) times with mine, and a reboot cleared it right up. That made it pretty obvious that it wasn't a physical problem with the card or anything.

Not wanting to go Chicken Little all over this thing, we've been in contact with HTC regarding the issue. HTC's been testing a solution and is planning on an over-the-air software update.

No exact date yet for when it'll push out, so stay tuned.

Do you know if it is specific to the one its shipped or do other cards have the same issue?

da.bell

May 14, 2010
Visit site
ahhhhh!!!! as the sound of the Evo People feel that the all mighty HTC and Sprint have found the problem and will OTA the fix.

Thanks Phil!!!!!

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
software glitch is definitely way better than a hardware one in this case! I would suggest rooting right away, just in case they happen to patch up that hole as well!

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I'm seeing the same issue on my Hero with 2.1, so it makes me wonder if it's a bigger problem than just the Evo. In any case, here's to hoping they find a fix :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12