Best Buy will NOT price match the EVO - heading to Sprint to save $150

MultiMatt

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I am purchasing my EVO outright, and pre-ordered it through BBY a few weeks ago, not knowing what the selling price (outright) would be. Since pricing at other locations has been confirmed, I checked with my contacts at BBY to see if they would price match. No go. I even tried cashing in some favors (since the wireless people I was speaking with used to work for me there) but nothing.

SO, I have a 9:30am appointment tomorrow with BBY, but I am heading to the closest Corporate Sprint store at O'Dark Thirty to hopefully land the EVO for the $449 price. The one on hold at Best Buy is my backup, but I am certainly hoping I'll be calling them after 8am saying "you can sell that one!"

:p

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm doing...but I've been told that they WOULD price match Radio Shack but not Sprint.

cst516

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
That is weird. My Best Buy told me that they would absolutely price match Sprint. They will even price match when there is a buy one get one free. I guess it really does depend on the store.

Bang321

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys paying full price because you don't want to sign a two year contract?

I myself didn't like the idea of being under contract and was thinking of buying the phone at full price. I then realized that paying the early termination fee if I wanted to cancel my sprint plan would still make the phone only $400 minus the prorated charge for early termination. On top of that, if Sprint decides that they want to jack up the ETF in the future like ATT did, you can then choose to terminate your contract without any ETF.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys paying full price because you don't want to sign a two year contract?

I myself didn't like the idea of being under contract and was thinking of buying the phone at full price. I then realized that paying the early termination fee if I wanted to cancel my sprint plan would still make the phone only $400 minus the prorated charge for early termination. On top of that, if Sprint decides that they want to jack up the ETF in the future like ATT did, you can then choose to terminate your contract without any ETF.

I usually see people buy the phone outright when they're already under contract and months or over a year away from an upgrade.

Though I do remember people buying the Pre outright at launch to avoid "getting locked in a contract." The contract offered a $200 subsidy and the ETF was only $175...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress