1 MORE DAY!! Having Second Thoughts??

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
So I've been waiting for this phone since April. Counting down the days... checking google and youtube on a daily basis for new info and evo-hunger satisfying videos. But now I'm wondering if I should get it tomorrow or wait until the initial craze dies down and do more thorough, in depth homework. Also, I'm leery of lining up at 6am for a phone that I'll be committed to buying without getting my own hands on time it, (like I did with the Palm Pre).

What do you guys think, are you guys diving head first in to the Evo pool? Or are you going to wait a week or so, get some hands-on time, read more reviews, monitor the forums, and then wade your way in?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not worried about it at all... it's not like this is Sprint's first HTC Android phone. And if I do have problems with it I'll just have them replace it.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Think of it this way, "Anyone out there have a date with a Victoria's Secret model tomorrow night? You've been looking at the catalogs, watching the Angels fashion shows, checking out her fan sites. Are you still going to go thru with the date or are you having second thoughts? I mean, what if she has flaws I can't live with like an annoying laugh or has pledged to bring her Dark Master Lucifer constant offerings of blood and souls? Should I let my friends go out with her and see what they have to say about her before committing to a date myself?"

Don't be silly.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
^ hahaha nice.

And the 30 days guarantee I was unaware of... I thought you could only return phones if they were defective. That makes a big difference in my thought process.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Let me answer this the best way I can...

HHHHHHHHHHHHH EEEEEEEEEEEE LLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLL NNNNNN OOOOO!!!

i:)i

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Really boston_ant???? Really????

Come on man. Just because you wait in line doesn't mean you've bought the phone. You want hands on time - walk in the store and go play with the model. I used one a few days ago and there's nothing to hide. It's fantastic. You'll be sold in seconds.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No line waiting for me. I have the 1st appointment! Muwhahahaha! I know,I have said it before. But hey, I can say it again, and again, and again....

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
No line for me either, pre-order at the Shack. I been there done that for an hour last year for the Pre, standing in line for a photo op is so Iphone/Ipad!

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Really boston_ant???? Really????

Come on man. Just because you wait in line doesn't mean you've bought the phone. You want hands on time - walk in the store and go play with the model. I used one a few days ago and there's nothing to hide. It's fantastic. You'll be sold in seconds.

didn't think the models were available yet... my store didn't have them as of yesterday. last year, my sprint store was only letting you in the store at open if you were buying a Pre... I just don't like that principle... I'd like to at least hold it in my hands before swiping my credit card.

All that being said...I'm sure I'll be sold... and I'm sure I will have one in my hands tomorrow

jerich007

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm all in. I have a Droid now (my work phone), and got my Pre last year. Love WebOS, but after experiencing Android on the Droid, and knowing Froyo is around the corner, the momentum Google has in mobile now, can't be denied. The buzz is pretty positive on the hardware, especially from some die-hard iPhone guys, i.e. Robert Scoble and Louis Gray.

turtle3#AC

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
didn't think the models were available yet... my store didn't have them as of yesterday. last year, my sprint store was only letting you in the store at open if you were buying a Pre... I just don't like that principle... I'd like to at least hold it in my hands before swiping my credit card.

All that being said...I'm sure I'll be sold... and I'm sure I will have one in my hands tomorrow

I don't believe this for a second. Did they have a bouncer at the door that said "wait a second....are you buying a Pre???....ok - you're good."

Whatever man. There is no retail store in the world that can force you to buy something if you walk in, pick up the product, are not happy what you see, and decide against the purchase.

Use your head. The models will be out and live tomorrow. Go into the store, use it, play with it, rub up against it...whatever it takes to make a satisfied purchase. But a thread dedicated to you questioning the ability to change your mind before or after you swipe your card????

Go to the store and decide.

And FYI - the models are not out yet. IF you know how to talk to the store employees the right way, the Advocate will bust out his phone and let you man-handle it. Kinda too late for that now since we're under 24hrs and you can play with the models all you want.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe this for a second. Did they have a bouncer at the door that said "wait a second....are you buying a Pre???....ok - you're good."

Whatever man. There is no retail store in the world that can force you to buy something if you walk in, pick up the product, are not happy what you see, and decide against the purchase.

Use your head. The models will be out and live tomorrow. Go into the store, use it, play with it, rub up against it...whatever it takes to make a satisfied purchase. But a thread dedicated to you questioning the ability to change your mind before or after you swipe your card????

Go to the store and decide.

And FYI - the models are not out yet. IF you know how to talk to the store employees the right way, the Advocate will bust out his phone and let you man-handle it. Kinda too late for that now since we're under 24hrs and you can play with the models all you want.

yeah, because I have nothing better to do than make up stories on a cell phone forum. it's pretty simple... there was a long line outside... and upon the store opening, they were only allowing 6 people in at a time, as long as they were purchasing a Pre... I'm sure if I had waited for the line to dwindle... they would've sold out. And this thread isn't dedicated to to questioning decisions, the main question was who is buying one tomorrow, and who is waiting to buy one.

and FWI- i guess everyone isn't as slick as you are at talking sprint employees in to playing with non-display phones. congrats.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've decided not to buy an Evo and keep my Pre.
The $10 4G fee is really going to be hard on my family an...

No srsly I'm so getting the Evo q: 7:30am.

garynky

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Waiting to see the new iPhone as I am nearly two years with the same iPhone 3G. Apple will have to drop the ball completely on the next gen iPhone for me to switch.

HOWEVER, how can you not want that big screen? There are other nice features too. Just may not be nice enough to sway me.

GT