My Journey to the Evo

jap00_34

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to start a thread to both introduce myself and to share my story. This phone will be my first on the Android platform. I've been with Sprint since I have owned a cell phone, a good ol' Nokia. :cool: My wife and I combined our plans when we got married (before Premier accounts). Since we were always eligible for upgrades at the same time, and share similar interest in phones, we have always upgraded at the same time with the same phone. We also found a good reason for doing this was that we could share accessories. This last upgrade was to the Palm Pre on release day, June 4.

Well, this year we were also upgraded to a Premier account and since we get a better discount from her work she has always been the primary phone. As you all know, she's now eligible for the full upgrade while I can only get $75. I am currently on my 4th Pre and her 2nd Pre due to hardware malfunctions. We have both been pretty disappointed in the hardware and the lack of good apps.

Long story short, I was able to talk with a Sprint CSR on a retention team that will allow me to upgrade using the $75 and credit our account one month's cost, $129.99. Of course I couldn't pass that up! :) This was all done this week, so the next challenge was to find not only 1 Evo, but 2 for both of us. Being cheaper outright on Sprint, I was able to get my name on the waitlist today and was called recently to schedule an appointment for pick up (this is a non-corporate Sprint)!!! Her Evo will be waiting for us at RS in a nearby city to pick up after work tomorrow! Everything is coming together! It's going to be a good weekend around our house.

JarJar

Sorry for the length...but very excited to switch.