Think the EVO launch will bog down the App Store?

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about that earlier, I imagine traffic is gonna increase massively due to everyone downloading their apps tomorrow

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Google can handle millions of searches every day, I am sure there servers can handle the apps store load. Lets at least hope so anyway.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
They're activating 100,000+ Android phones a day and it's FREAKING GOOGLE!!! They can cough up search results in a fraction of a second to millions of simultaneous users and you believe that 20K (or whatever) EVO buyers rushing to download Layar and K9 Mail are going to bring it down?

To quote Bruce Willis in Sin City, "And after I pull off that miracle, maybe I'll go punch out God."

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Uh, yeah, it's Google. So what? Their search engine servers aren't the same servers that run the android market. Case in point of Google servers failing to handle load: YouTube.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Uh, yeah, it's Google. So what? Their search engine servers aren't the same servers that run the android market. Case in point of Google servers failing to handle load: YouTube.

Rest assured that Google is on it. It's true that they may not be the same servers, but the activation goes through Sprint and not Google. The only thing your phone will be calling out to Google for would be your Google account stuff.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How big are Android Apps? 1-2 MB? How big are YouTube videos? 50-500MB or more if they're high def. (The Android keynote was about 650MB in 720p form.) How many concurrent viewers are sucking up the bandwidth watching Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber videos? It's not even comparable.