Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video Chatting W/ Evo

Ok so I am trying to figure out how the hell to start a video chat on the Qik app with a friend of mine on Ichat. Can someone help me out or am I that tired that it's very simple and I'm just not getting it?

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

They have to be using Qik to chat with you.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Aw man, I could've swore I heard it was going to let you chat with anyone on any video chat service. Any apps you can recommend that let you chat with AIM, Ichat etc.?
    Last edited by Gmaxxx; 06-04-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You CAN video chat with anyone... as long as they're using Qik. (Though I actually thought I remembered seeing that Qik video chat wasn't ready yet anyhow.)

Perhaps Fring might be a better solution, as that works with Skype.

You can chat with anyone... they just have to use Qik.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yea, I meant any other video chatting service, sorry for the confusion. Thanks I will check that out first thing.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I haven't heard of any apps that let you chat with multiple clients. Just tell the dude to get Qik.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I need an answer as well...trying to set up a video chat with anither EVO user. How?? We both have Qik accounts. How do you initiate a video chat from the EVO?

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I believe you need to have the other persons Qik account name or whatever.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I have that..where does it get entered?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Anyone?

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

I know that "Qik" probably been out for awhile but this if my first time using it. And I haveto say, I'm really impressed. I'm watching this live feed right now of bestbuy /mobile phone sales rep selling the Evo. I've been texting him and everything.

this is cool as $%^&!

We should all post vids on Qik....lol

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I need an answer as well...trying to set up a video chat with anither EVO user. How?? We both have Qik accounts. How do you initiate a video chat from the EVO?
    Open up Qik >hit the menu button> select share>select your contact.

I believe they must also have Qik

It's not working for me either. Is live chat up yet? I know it wasn't supposed to be up until the 4th, but today's the 4th.

can someone post a video for us to see?

JE

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Can you use Qik on a computer and chat with someone on an EVO?

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    Can you use Qik on a computer and chat with someone on an EVO?
    I believe you can

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Sweet!

Qik will (try to)contact anyone on your contact list, but they must have Qik to see/accept your video conversation...
    Banned

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

go to the market store and download Fring its the same thing as qik

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

im convinced that it doesnt work... me and my friend both have Evo's and have been trying all day to get it to work!!

I haven't been able to get Fring or Qik to work but I just tried iMovicha and it worked fine. I couldn't figure out how to get the front facing camera working, but video was being sent both ways using the back camera.

I used Fring tonight with my friend who uses Skype and it was pretty good. Of course not crystal clear, but definitely passable.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I think that the features of fring (skype compatibility) plus qik having the complete clusterf*** with their service on the evo will probably drive me to never even really try qik and just use fring... Ill have to install it and give it a shot.
    HTC Apache > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch > BB Curve 8310 > iPhone 3G > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G
    Currently testing every rom under the sun to see which one I like best. Warm 2.2 is current winner!

Default Re: Video Chatting W/ Evo

Quote Originally Posted by C01E View Post
    I think that the features of fring (skype compatibility) plus qik having the complete clusterf*** with their service on the evo will probably drive me to never even really try qik and just use fring... Ill have to install it and give it a shot.
    Would definitely suggest you do. When I did my video chat both audio and video were in sync and like I said I was on 3g.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast