Share your experiences and or headaches today with getting your EVO...

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
This morning I arrived at my local Sprint store quite early only to find out that once the store opened at eight there were only eight people in line. I was the first one out the door with no glitches or problems. The sales man did try to force damn near every accessory on me and I respect his position but after awhile of saying no I think he got the clue. I walked away with a screen protector, body glove and gel skin. The gel skin will be going back cause I love the body glove case. I did a swap since I was in my 30 days and I was happy to get rid of my Hero.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll definitely share mine when I get back. Going and going to try and change some upgrade issues on our family plan.

JoshH37#WN

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Got there at three am, first inine 24 people at 730. In and out in 5 minutes, great rep although I thought he was going to break the back cover because he clearly didn't know how to remove it. They also provided Orange juice and krispy cream, a nice touch.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
got there at three am, first inine 24 people at 730. In and out in 5 minutes, great rep although i thought he was going to break the back cover because he clearly didn't know how to remove it. they also provided orange juice and krispy cream, a nice touch.

nice!!!!!

ddunn

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Showed up @ 7am, store opened at 8. I was number 4 in line. By the time 8 rolled around there were probaly 20 to 25 people in line.
No muss, no fuss. Walked in @8, was in the car @ 8:18 with my new toy

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Showed up at 7:30 - I was number 13. The store was supposed to open at 8 but started processing early. Was through the line and done by 8:20.

Woot!

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The store was awesome. They had coffee, donuts and food for us. Everyone was extremely pleasant and they really took care of the customers. I always go to this store and I love the people there (Niles, OH btw). Unfortunately, the old manager passed away due to cancer, hew was an amazing guy. The new manager is okay and the same courtesy is still provided. Very professional, outstanding performance, and got everything done correctly.

I got there around 5am, one other person was there. He camped over night. at 5:30 another fellow showed up and then by 8 there were about 10 of us. Nice people and enjoyed bsing w/ everyone. Unfortunately I have to now work 9hrs and then drive 3hrs away to see my brother :-\ LONG day to say the least.. This happened with me last year with the Pre also, had to rush because I had to drive 4hrs to go camping lol.. Argh

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Showed up at 7:00. Number 2 in line out of 10 (very small area). I got the body glove but im not so sure about it. It seems to get in the way of the buttons but I'll be sure to give it a few days trial before I choose to return it.

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My experience is bad customer service with the company I'm ordering from. I'm getting mine via the people my work uses for our work phones. They originally stated they can get me this phone for $85 plus a $75 AMEX gift card and most likely ship it next day air to me on June 3rd. A few days later they said they had to charge me $199 but I'd still get the gift card and have it shipped 06/03.

So no word from them yesterday and I left a couple voice mails. Shot them an email this morning with no response and now who knows. Lame.

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The store was awesome. They had coffee, donuts and food for us. Everyone was extremely pleasant and they really took care of the customers. I always go to this store and I love the people there (Niles, OH btw). Unfortunately, the old manager passed away due to cancer, hew was an amazing guy. The new manager is okay and the same courtesy is still provided. Very professional, outstanding performance, and got everything done correctly.

I got there around 5am, one other person was there. He camped over night. at 5:30 another fellow showed up and then by 8 there were about 10 of us. Nice people and enjoyed bsing w/ everyone. Unfortunately I have to now work 9hrs and then drive 3hrs away to see my brother :-\ LONG day to say the least.. This happened with me last year with the Pre also, had to rush because I had to drive 4hrs to go camping lol.. Argh

The store on Niles/Cortland road towards 422? (I live in Niles also). I seen 2 cars there this morning when I drove by at 6am on my way to work. I pre-ordered at Best Buy and have a 4:30 appointment time.

phobia

May 12, 2010
Visit site
LOL major confusion when my BB rep was scanning the items for billing... paying attention saved me about $70.

I had a Hero as the first line and EVO as the second, new activation. They had listed Hero for $29.99 with new activation but when he was doing the billing it rang up as $99.

Also, noticed that the "Beast" printout that best buy gives as an estimate for the first month's bill had $20 as recurring costs (no one knows why) and $22.05 as "Unlimited Text Tax". I questioned them and was told to look at the first month's bill and if these still show up, contact them to get those removed.

The appointment was at 740am and I went in only by 8:00am so not that bad..

Anyone else had similar experiences?

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The store on Niles/Cortland road towards 422? (I live in Niles also). I seen 2 cars there this morning when I drove by at 6am on my way to work. I pre-ordered at Best Buy and have a 4:30 appointment time.

Yup that one, I had the Red civic and there was another guy with a truck and one more with a caddy.. Towards 8 people started to pile in. I counted 8-10

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yup that one, I had the Red civic and there was another guy with a truck and one more with a caddy.. Towards 8 people started to pile in. I counted 8-10

Ohio being represented well I see. Cleveland Ohio here or well Lyndhurst at Legacy Village to be exact.

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Yep, I seen you and the guy in an auqua/green colored truck. Glad you got it. I can't wait until 4:30. This work day is dragging. We will have to hook up for a soda and let everyone get evo envy testing out the video calling.

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I seen you and the guy in an auqua/green colored truck. Glad you got it. I can't wait until 4:30. This work day is dragging. We will have to hook up for a soda and let everyone get evo envy testing out the video calling.

Def man, PM me and we'll have to chill. I work in Boardman, OH but my buddy works at the Sprint store so I had to buy it there lol.

jdefalco

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Def man, PM me and we'll have to chill. I work in Boardman, OH but my buddy works at the Sprint store so I had to buy it there lol.

I will definitely do that. I work out in Orwell, OH. There isn't sheet out here in the boonies or I would have this phone by lunchtime.