1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC EVO 4G running slow and sluggish, Please help!

I downloaded this app called "network spoofer" (My phone is rooted, Still have standard ROM on there) so I can troll on my friends network and replace all of the images with trollfaces on websites or redirect youtube videos to a rickroll video, After messing around with it I noticed my phone was running really slow and HTC Sense kept on crashing, So, With that being only app I downloaded I decided to uninstall it (maybe I did not do full wipe of it?) and I did google search on fixing the HTC Sense problem I had after searching I found what appeared to be a solution once I followed the steps the screen swiping was smooth again but after a while it started to freeze and HTC sense crashed again!

Someone please help me!

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: HTC EVO 4G running slow and sluggish, Please help!

Since ur rooted try rebooting to recovery wipe cache files and see if that helps any
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

ROM
    HTC - 2.6.35.10-g13578ee

Default Re: HTC EVO 4G running slow and sluggish, Please help!

If what Vel said doesn't work, try to use a Task Killer seeing as the HTC's are constantly using the internet and apps. This being said, using the task killer temporary stops the apps you aren't using from being used. This should help with the crashing.

It could also be the battery overheating. Yes, it is possible. Just shut the phone down for a good 2-5 mins, and start it back up again.

Keep me posted incase it keeps happening.

Or download another stock rom, flash over your current rom, then wipe cache and dalvik cache, and you shouldn't lose any data, just make sure you flash the same rom (probably 4.54)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk