No Handcent?

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I'm also having that problem. I use Chomp but when I search for Handcent it isnt there. Also, and there may be some other reason for this, but when I search for LauncherPro Beta, it doesn't come up either. Maybe somewhere we can compile a list of apps we aren't able to find?

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I started a thread about this already but I am glad that I am not the only one that is going thru this. I ended up installing ChompSMS in the meantime until we get a fix

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
May be the same issue as when people updated the Moment using non-released versions of 2.1... might have to edit the build.props file (if I remember correctly).

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
maybe use the old phone to back it up with mybackup pro then install it to the evo from that app? that's how i'm gonna install swype. i really like hancent as well so i hope that works.

just sent an email to the dev so hopefully he updates the app to be compatible with the evo.

Last edited:

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue but here is how I solved it.
Use Astro to backup all applications from my HTC Hero
Connect Hero and Evo to my PC
Copy the /backups/apps from Hero to EVO sdcard
Install from there.
And voila!!! I have it running

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Email it to yourself and click it on the evo. It will prompt you to change your settings to allow for non verfiied apps.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Many ways to install:
visit here on the phones browser and download it, it will automatically be saved to Downloads in the SD card, use a file manager to browse for it

Download it from computer, mount phone's sd card and drag and drop. Use file manager on phone to install

Email it to yourself as mentioned. No file manager needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan