phone will not power off?

teejmac

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
So i have been running into a strange problem lately with the evo 4g device. Two days in a row I have seen the Evo 4g power on but when the device is powered on, it will not power off via the power button on top of the phone.

So this is the situation I have been running into: Basically, the phone is acting normal. But Whenever the phone is just sitting there, doing nothing and I want to power off the device, I push and hold the power button down to turn it off. I can hold it down as long as I want and I get no response. Or if I want to just turn off the screen and will push the power button once to turn off the screen and it does nothing. The screen stays on. So then I pull the battery, throw the battery back in, turn on the device with the power button, the phone starts up, same problem. The power button is inop when the phone is on. I usually have to change the settings on the phone to "stay awake" so the phone does not go into sleep mode, once that happens I cannot get the phone out of sleep mode unless I do a battery pull.

The first time I saw this problem, I performed a hard reset on the device just to see if this would solve the problem. No luck.

After further looking around, I took the device apart, the board looked fine inside, the power contact button seems fine, it still presses in like it should, nothing seems to be wrong with it. I powered the device on with the back off and actually pushed the power button contact down with my finger(without the plastic button or the back housing on) it powers on like it should and still has the same problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I have no idea what is causing this or what I can do about it.

Let me know if you need more information or if I was not clear

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish