Exchange and security password-changing time out

Justin V

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
Haven't been able to find this in the forums yet and I'm new to Android. My employer requires a password on the device if I'm syncing with the Exchange server (same as my iPhone). On the EVO it is requiring me to enter the password to unlock the phone even if I just turned it off seconds ago. I know on the iPhone there is a way to adjust the time period before it requires a password. For example the iPhone only requires a password to unlock the phone if I haven't awoken the phone for I think an hour. Can't find that setting to change on the EVO and right now it is requiring me to enter EVERY time even if I was just using the phone 2 minutes ago but the screen has since gone dark.
Obviously this is a big nuisance. Anyone know how to change the setting so I only have to enter the unlock password every once in a while?
Thanks

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
Haven't been able to find this in the forums yet and I'm new to Android. My employer requires a password on the device if I'm syncing with the Exchange server (same as my iPhone). On the EVO it is requiring me to enter the password to unlock the phone even if I just turned it off seconds ago. I know on the iPhone there is a way to adjust the time period before it requires a password. For example the iPhone only requires a password to unlock the phone if I haven't awoken the phone for I think an hour. Can't find that setting to change on the EVO and right now it is requiring me to enter EVERY time even if I was just using the phone 2 minutes ago but the screen has since gone dark.
Obviously this is a big nuisance. Anyone know how to change the setting so I only have to enter the unlock password every once in a while?
Thanks

The Email FAQ and Q & A sticky thread above talks about lockpicker which will disable this.

Justin V

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I get what your are saying about Lockpicker but I would think this might be an adjustable time period in the Android OS like on iPhone. Is it not? The feature is good in case I were to lose the phone and someone finds it an hour later they wouldn't be able to get in to it. But to have to enter it constantly is "fail" ;)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
a) use lock picker to disable EAS OMA password policy every time you wake the phone
b) Check the market for locking apps ... I'm sure you can find one that has a timer. The only thing im not sure of is will lockpicker ignore them and let hem function while still disabling EAS policy.
c) Try Lock delay from the market. This works with the pattern locks so it might work with EAS locks.
d) I'm done ... do your own research now lol!!!! (joking of course)

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I get what your are saying about Lockpicker but I would think this might be an adjustable time period in the Android OS like on iPhone. Is it not? The feature is good in case I were to lose the phone and someone finds it an hour later they wouldn't be able to get in to it. But to have to enter it constantly is "fail" ;)

You can snag up LockPicker, and then also get MobileDefense in the off chance you lose your phone. You can remote wipe it ;)

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Right, I've got that too with my company... but putting Mobile Defense on there allows him to remote wipe IMMEDIATELY instead of waiting on the Admin to do it. :cool:

You dont need the admin. You can do it from anywhere, using Outlook Web Access.

Click on options/phone/wipe

Justin V

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.everyone. seems Lockpicker is the.way to go. Although I'm surprised this option isn't built into he OS. Maybe will bein Froyo. Now I can finally play with my new Evo after being.g slammed at work and longing for it from across the room all day

jgosline

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How are you activating password unlock? All I seem to be able to do is pattern. I'm sure I'll kick myself when I see the answer, but I've searched the phone an dcouldn't find a way to do it. I know that option is coming with Froyo (is that what you're running?), but I din't think it was part of the stock Evo ROM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs