Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sitting at BB

They are scrambling as Snap and Beast are down. And due to high call volumes Sprint is not taking calls. LOL

Any new "news?"

I'm leaving my home for my Best Buy appointment in 15 minutes. They are opening at their normal time, 10:00. I hope I don't get there and find out that they can't access the Sprint computers to activate the phone. After 3 months of waiting, 1 month after paying $50 for a pre-order, this would stink.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Still sitting, been here since 8am so almost 90 minutes.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
    Still sitting, been here since 8am so almost 90 minutes.
    Crap.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Sounds like a rough day for Sprint systems.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

i hope when i go to get mines a 5pm everything is good

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Sprint chat on their site is down too.
    </awesome>

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

My BB is processing people at 2 - 3 an hour due to the system being slow / down. I waited fro 2 hours and left... I will come back after work or tomorrow...

sprint chat is always down its a POS!!!!! ...sorry -end RANT

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Damn, I wanted to see if they could bump my upgrade to NOW!
    </awesome>

Just left my BB without a phone, due to Sprint's network being down/slow. Hope they get it up and running soon since I'm going back in about 2 hours.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Juggernaut 5.0, Faux 123

I had my appt at 8 PM tonight but got to BB at 9 AM when they opened in hopes to get "worked in" early. Guess what the 9 Am person was late so they processed me instead. I got the first EVO at my BB location this morning and couldnt be happier.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts

thank god i got mines early.

I feel ya man. I just got home and we started activation @ 9:45am at my BB. The computers were crashing or bogging down. They kept apologizing saying it's cause everyone is activating @ the same time. Atlast, im home and i feel like a n00b cause i know nothing about Android lolol

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Juggernaut 5.0, Faux 123

I want to express the fact to everyone here and there and everywhere that being early is not always a bad thing but being late can make your day SUCK!!!
    It sucks to be the 9 AM appt at my BB location. Hahahaha

Not sure what the point is of making an appointment since they made me wait in line with the walk-ins.

Waited an hour after my 11AM EDT appointment and the systems are still down. I left and will try again later today

I never got a call about my pre-order, I have work anyway so I'm heading in this afternoon. If they try to bump me to 2nd shipment I'm going to have some face time with the manager. And if they can't activate I'm standing in the store until they can. I'm not going home empty-handed.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

yeah, i just got out, it took an hour and a half, but she got it activated!

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Juggernaut 5.0, Faux 123

Appts were to make things run smoothly if everything goes PERFECTLY, but **** happens systems crash and people are slow. With that thought the use of appts basically went down the drain. I got to talk to a Sprint person from corp because she was there watching over the launch and she told BB that they should already have the phones activated before the customers come in that way it is just a quick sign off process. I asked if sprint will ever give the instant rebates like BB and radio shack and she said they r seriously looking at doing that because they have been really amazed at how many preorders come in for BB and Radio Shack. I told her I always go to BB or the Shack for my phones because of the instant rebate. She did agree that it was a good thing so maybe down the line Sprint will follow suit.

haha i was the first, 9am at mine and it was going down for the count as they were doing mine.
    i went to a sprint store right after to pick up a case and they had maybe 7 people doing orders and it was going down at that moment. I was lucky to get out of there with my case.
    they couldnt get anyone on sprints side and the hold music wasnt even playing.

Quote Originally Posted by laraiza View Post
    Appts were to make things run smoothly if everything goes PERFECTLY, but **** happens systems crash and people are slow. With that thought the use of appts basically went down the drain. I got to talk to a Sprint person from corp because she was there watching over the launch and she told BB that they should already have the phones activated before the customers come in that way it is just a quick sign off process. I asked if sprint will ever give the instant rebates like BB and radio shack and she said they r seriously looking at doing that because they have been really amazed at how many preorders come in for BB and Radio Shack. I told her I always go to BB or the Shack for my phones because of the instant rebate. She did agree that it was a good thing so maybe down the line Sprint will follow suit.
    Or maybe just sell the phone cheaper anyway? I get that rebates are not always 100% claimed, but it seems that everybody is getting in on the instant rebates now, so why not just swallow the $100 up front?