- 1,208 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Quick, initial observations
1. Pre gestures don't work
2. Sprint TV: is it going to be in that little window or am I missing a setting
3. Camera: Kinda sick for a cell phone. Auto-focus is great, low light performance and setting functionality are surprisingly good (I have to eat my hat on that one).
4. Don't like that the lock button is not right by the corner. Just something to get used to, but grabbing the phone with one hand and trying to wake it up takes a little fishing.
5. Voice commands: welcome back to me
6. No physical keyboard: gonna take a little practice, but it will be all good
7. 4G: not working...I think?
8: The little guy gets toasty while charging and syncing accounts
- 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM #2
- 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM #3
- 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM #5
- 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM #6
- 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM #7
- 06-04-2010, 01:06 PM #8
- 06-04-2010, 01:11 PM #9
- 06-04-2010, 01:11 PM #10
- 06-04-2010, 01:41 PM #11
i have the temperature patch installed on my pre and yesterday when i was using the mobile hotspot it was warm so i pulled down the status menu and my phone was at 145F, and thats with no o/c patch either
- 06-04-2010, 03:35 PM #12
I tried it at the store, and my quick initial impression is that it wasn't all that impressive. (Don't flame me, plz! just my honest opinion).
I was actually more excited when I was playing with the Nexus One a co-worker brought in.
Something about the way it feels. Maybe the size had somethign to do with it, or maybe I have a bad feel for Sense UI.
I know right away I couldn't use it with one hand like I can on an iPhone. It's hard to hit the Home button on the EVO with my thumb. It doesn't feel very slick compared to the iPhone or even the Nexus One. Not sure why.
Hopefully, I can get over that hump when I get my EVO in. Maybe I should have left the experience as a surprise, lol.
Oh, the size is pretty large, but it wasn't as big as I feared. Still, noticably bigger.
We'll see, we'll see... I got 30 days.
EDIT: Another thing I noticed is that the glass feels plasticy. It doesn't seem to have a smooth and slick surface like on the iPhone or Nexus. Sliding and pinching my fingers, the screen seem to give some resistance. It's not as bad as having an InvisibleShield on, though.