1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EVO & Facebook Contact Pics

So for some reason, I have FB sync'ing, but the only way pictures update for contacts, is if I manually link every person. Any work arounds for this? Or am I just blind
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Any thoughts on this?

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I have a thought: Maybe you should repeat the whole process and see if it works the second time.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So I've redone the process twice now, and my pictures are still not syncing...
    I've removed the accounts, re-added for Facebook for HTC Sense.

And the Cowboys are going to the super bowl.

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Could be possible that it takes a minute for the pictures to load through auto-sync.
    HTC Evo 4G | Playstation 3 (60 GB) | Texas Longhorns | San Antonio Spurs | Dallas Cowboys

This is just a guess but if the facebook contact does not have a phone number listed on their info it will not sync

You have to do it one at a time. Did you come from the Pre? If so, Android will disappoint you here.

One option is to get the Facebook phonebook widget, or to export all contacts from facebook and import them into GMail.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

You are right Steve, makes sense of course; my Best friend who is both in my phone, has a number listed, and is on my FB page is not doing it eaither ;(
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    You have to do it one at a time. Did you come from the Pre? If so, Android will disappoint you here.

One option is to get the Facebook phonebook widget, or to export all contacts from facebook and import them into GMail.
    I came from the Samsung Moment.

I know I found an app a while back that took all of those pictures and sync'd them with my contacts, but I can't find them any more.

any buddy have any updates on this? This would be very nice to have

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Meh, I just linked em by hand... Something automatic would indeed be nice (came from a pre), but I guess I'll live doing things manually, Better then nothing right! :P

The contact photos won't sync if the FB names don't match your contact names. I had no problems getting the pictures to sync, and I had to link the ones whose names didn't match. While this takes a bit more work, I like it better than my Pre that just pulled everything.

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

+1 on having to link every single contact by hand...... blah.

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

Update? This is quite annoying. What's the point to have it sync if the pic stays the same?