Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar

Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar. Looked at the settings for both Calendar and Facebook, but can't find how to turn these off. Anyone have any ideas ?
    Megan Sova likes this.

This got me too. Then I went into the Calendar app itself (rather than just the widget) and selected Settings > Calendars... then you can choose to un-check the "Facebook" calendar option. Phew! I like my calendar sparse and just my stuff in it.

It's a little overwhelming for me the way stuff syncs up -- it's nice, and I appreciate it, but some of it happens without you really asking. However, a lot of it seems adjustable/removable thankfully.

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Anyone got a clue on how to remove all the facebook contacts from the phone option? They arent under the People Icon, they just show up when you hit Phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Thanks alot Fiskdoro. I'm the same way I guess. I like my calendar sparse with just my stuff in it

Ya know Fraz I just noticed that and id like to know that to

Go to calander. click on a day, then click menu then click "calendars" and deselect the Facebook option.

How do I just get rid of the birthdays? I still want my facebook events in there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Waterballoonist View Post
    How do I just get rid of the birthdays? I still want my facebook events in there.
    yeah i want to have my other events on there i just hate having peoples birthdays flooding my calendar. any thoughts?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luhrenzo View Post
    yeah i want to have my other events on there i just hate having peoples birthdays flooding my calendar. any thoughts?
    I'd like that too, but I'm assuming there is no feature for that.

Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    I'd like that too, but I'm assuming there is no feature for that.
    there is! just go to your google calendar thats linked with your google account on your phone and then follow this article.

1. In Facebook, go to your EVENTS page.
    2. At the top of that page click EXPORT EVENTS
    3. You'll get a pop up window with a URL, copy it.
    4. In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ‘Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD
    5. One of the new options you'll be presented with is ADD BY URL, select that
    6. Paste the URL from Facebook where it asks for it.

and thats it! when your phone calendar syncs with your google calendar, all your facebook events will show up too and no birthdays.
    Thanked by:
    Kanedacorp and karabean585 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    Anyone got a clue on how to remove all the facebook contacts from the phone option? They arent under the People Icon, they just show up when you hit Phone.
    Go to people, menu, view. In there you can select the contacts you want to appear in your phone book. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorvik View Post
    there is! just go to your google calendar thats linked with your google account on your phone and then follow this article.

4. In Google Cal, on the bottom left you'll see ‘Other Calendars' and below that a link to ADD. Click ADD

and thats it! when your phone calendar syncs with your google calendar, all your facebook events will show up too and no birthdays.
    If you do it this way, I assume you would need to update it every time new events are added?

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've got the opposite problem and never got an answer on the General Questions board: I accepted a FB Event that was set up as a repeating item every damn day for four months. My Agenda View of the Calendar is clogged with this stupid thing over and over. I tried to delete the event at FB and said I wasn't attending, but it's stuck there with no way to delete it; long tap just brings up "View event" or "Share vCalendar." Unlike others, I do want FB b-days to show, so the all-or-nothing of ditching the FB calendar's a hassle.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

I'm having the same problem as DirkBelig... :-(

How come the calendar only ADDS FB events and never SYNCS!?!

Right now, this feature is useless to me. I have to chose between being reminded EVERY SINGLE DAY of a useless, pointless event OR not have access to all my FB birthdays...

Has anyone figured out a fix for this?

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

kirkenshrir - I finally got a fix on my other thread a few weeks ago. Check it out.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by Gorvik View Post

Gorvik, does that just do current events, or does it update as new events are made in the future? I don't want to have to do that every time someone creates a new event. It would be pretty pointless if the link did not sync with Google cal. Do you get what I'm saying?

Default Re: Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar

Quote Originally Posted by alvarezjpr View Post
    Go to people, menu, view. In there you can select the contacts you want to appear in your phone book. Hope this helps.
    Not anymore you can't. Not since the last update. I don't even have sync my facebook contact selected and it still won't let me delete them. Before the update I could keep the ones I wanted and delete the ones I didn't.

Thumbs up Re: Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar

1) Delete the event from ur facebook,

2) Update and sync ur facebook in ur android phone

3) Got to settings->applications->manage applications -> all->calenders-> clear data(clear cache)

or u can aslo go to facebook app main page and select settings->sync->remove facebook data

4) sync facebook again

this worked for me like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by fiskadoro View Post
    This got me too. Then I went into the Calendar app itself (rather than just the widget) and selected Settings > Calendars... then you can choose to un-check the "Facebook" calendar option. Phew! I like my calendar sparse and just my stuff in it.

It's a little overwhelming for me the way stuff syncs up -- it's nice, and I appreciate it, but some of it happens without you really asking. However, a lot of it seems adjustable/removable thankfully.

Big Big Thank you, I have been sat for over 2 hour trying to sort this out, my phone was so busy looking in my calandar and I just wanted to see the important things, if I had of know I would not of allowed it. thank you thank you thank you XXXX

Smile Re: Want to remove Facebook birthdays from phone calendar

Izzy11....Kudos....thank you so much....had been trying to take care of problem from Facebook...thank you for pointing me into the right direction.

Thank you. My calendar was very cluttered.

Your the stuff! Thanks man, that did the trick for me and soooo easy too!!!

Make sure you select the drop down to the right of other calendar to choose add by url.

Thanks for the tip, but my Facebook is unticked in my calendar settings on my phone, but my calendar is still full of Fb birthdays. Just can't work it out, have spent hours trying to sort it out this morning. I don't understand the tip on the Fb settings I don't get an URL. Just don't understand it all, not very techno!!
    BGJ

Thank you so much - how annoying is that!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast