Saying goodbye to a legend.

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Well ladies and gentlemen, the ride is over. Just like that my EVO 4G that I had since November 2010 is officially done. On purely accidental grounds, I must part ways with a phone that I have grown to love. Earlier today I was loading a computer into my car and had my EVO in my sweatshirt's front pocket... as I leaned into my car it slipped out and hit pure pavement.

First I heard the case separate upon impact, so I looked down and figure it was a normal drop like I had done a few times before. Then I sit in the car and turn the screen on and see complete and utter destruction to my screen. Now I sit here and try to tell myself not to think about what could have been done to prevent it, because unfortunately time machines do not exist yet.

She still works but the screen is in complete shambles as you can see from the picture below. I don't have insurance and I'm not due for an upgrade until November of this year. So until then I guess I will either look for a used EVO 4G/3D on the internet, or just resort back to a non smartphone until then.

If you have an EVO by you tonight or whenever you may read this, let her know you love her. Because you never know when tragedy may strike.

LONG LIVE THE EVO 4G!!!!!

and it's so hardddddddd to say goodbyeeeeeee to my 4ggggggggggggggeeeeeeEEEeeeeee

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. I've been limping my old blackberry along (its past EOL, but contract isn't up). I thought it was dead and gone. (spent 4 hours trying to revive it) before going out and buying the cheapest dumbphone I could find. I held out with the dumbphone for a whole month before I realized I just couldn't take it... so I devoted a whole day to getting the thing factory reset, wiped, OS installed, upgraded, crashed, reinstall (and on and on) before getting it going.

Its sad to see your phone go like that. I hope you can find a worthy replacement. if you're like me, even an older smartphone is better then a new dumbphone.

*moment of silence for the departed Evo*

calden74

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was is in the same situation with my Samsung Galaxy SG2, I ran it over. I went to ricardo.ch which is a local bid site like eBay. I purchased a LG E900 for 50 bucks. It's a Its a Microsoft Windows Mobile 7.5 but it is awesome. I was able to run all of my apps that I had before like Evernote and I love this new OS. Anyway I see these pbones going for 50 bucks on eBay to so maybe that might be an option. I could never go back to a none smart phone. I even see Nokia N8's and E7's going for under 100 bucks on eBay. Ebay man, it's your salvation, I would go for the E900 if I was though. You wont be dissapointed.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You can buy a replacement digitizer, and fix it yourself. There are videos on Youtube on how to do it...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFmt6aLEWag[/YT]

Reactions: Krasin

Prissy1

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I got an EVO 4G if you must have one. I used it for 4 months. No scratches or dings. Its in mint condition. I got the SGS11. So I was just holding onto it for a backup phone. Let me know what you think. Prissy1

Well ladies and gentlemen, the ride is over. Just like that my EVO 4G that I had since November 2010 is officially done. On purely accidental grounds, I must part ways with a phone that I have grown to love. Earlier today I was loading a computer into my car and had my EVO in my sweatshirt's front pocket... as I leaned into my car it slipped out and hit pure pavement.

First I heard the case separate upon impact, so I looked down and figure it was a normal drop like I had done a few times before. Then I sit in the car and turn the screen on and see complete and utter destruction to my screen. Now I sit here and try to tell myself not to think about what could have been done to prevent it, because unfortunately time machines do not exist yet.

She still works but the screen is in complete shambles as you can see from the picture below. I don't have insurance and I'm not due for an upgrade until November of this year. So until then I guess I will either look for a used EVO 4G/3D on the internet, or just resort back to a non smartphone until then.

If you have an EVO by you tonight or whenever you may read this, let her know you love her. Because you never know when tragedy may strike.

and it's so hardddddddd to say goodbyeeeeeee to my 4ggggggggggggggeeeeeeEEEeeeeee

kiki527

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Omg, I am so sorry for your loss. I had a nightmare this week that I dropped my Nexus face down in a parking garage and it basically looked like that. Now everytime I accidentally drop it my heart skips a beat. Good luck in your journey to find a replacement. :'(

mmiles84#AC

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Thats a hell of a spider web man. Sorry to see that. I couldnt imagine if this happened to my SGN. But look around on ebay for screens there pretty cheal and can get step by step directions on how to fix it. Best regards.

rwcupcrazy

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

There are places that repair screens. There is a place by me called cellfix that will replace a screen for $70.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
A guy fixes them $50 by me so i'm sure you can find close prices near you. Just looking at that PIC makes me hold mines closer lol. good luck to you. Sprint definitely isn't offering any device that makes me wanna go rush out and drop $400 yet so I hope you keep the evo

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i dropped my evo last summer and the same shattered screen was the result. i took it to global repair or something similar to fix it, they had it done in about 30 minutes.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

what kind of case if any did you have on it?

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping my EVO will hold out until my upgrade in April.

Same here. I know people have had great luck with theirs but mine has been a ticking time bomb of repairs and factory resets. Sadly with no better available options, and Sprint's 3G speed issues in my area (barely 100kbps), I will probably switch to Verizon in April.

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Prissy1, send me a pm with a price.

I found one on craigslist that looks to be in good condition and for a nice price.Think I might go that route, though Ill have to root it, will give me something to do.

To the person that asked what kind of case I had, im not sure. Paid 30 for it when I first got the evo, it connected by two pieces in center.

vulcan001

Member?
Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
U didnt have a protector screen on it? Mine has one & its fallen face flat one to many times & its gotten minor chips on the edges but the screen is fine. Still man so sorry to hear the loss! I know theres gotta be cheap replacements? Also replacing the digitizer screen as recommended before is possible.