Access Car Home on Evo?

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the car home on the EVO. Been looking around for it and I can't seem to find it! Thanks in advance!

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called Navigator that gives a few larger icons to apps you would isein the car, but many only work in portrait unfortunately

weirdia

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the car home on the EVO. Been looking around for it and I can't seem to find it! Thanks in advance!

How to put it on Sense/Froyo such as HTC Evo:

- Download the APK file from the web. The Market will only list it for Driod and Nexus One. Here's a site with links to the file: Download: Google Car Home App - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
- Copy APK file to SD card and install the app (I used Astro to locate & run the file)
- There is no icon added to your apps to launch this. Do *not* create an activity shortcut using Launcher Pro as suggested elsewhere.
- Use the HTC "Car Panel" shortcut to launch. It will give you a choice, select "Make default" and choose Car Home. If you do this, you will truly get a car mode like the Droid or Nexus One. If you don't do it this way, you will be able to lauch the Car Home apps, but it won't be in car mode where the Car Home becomes your default home screen until deactivated.

Reactions: zephyr82

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae