SMS message error?

Ky772

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, my SMS messages aren't saving.. I keep getting an error.

SMS Error
Class Code : 97
Error Class: 2

What's going on?

optimus

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Tech rep says that this issue happens with *new customers*

Have to call into tech support and then they transfer you to a "special dept" to clear a service order which reinitializes sms capabilities..

Im currently on hold waiting for that dept to pick up..

I will update as more becomes available..

optimus

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Department is the Sprint National Sales Service Center. Unfortunately I was holding then the line disconnected. I am calling back now.

Ky772

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I just made a phonecall and it immediately went to tech support to complete the activation. Everything works now!

Kellisanth

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to @evansims for pointing me to this forum...

I called Tech Support (almost 2am!?) ... sounded Indianish. :)

Just a lil' background FYI, I bought my phone about 12N (Sunday), it is now about 2AM (Monday) - which is bad since I have a 530a flight to New Orleans and I've not slept! I've not made any outbound calls. Received calls and texts (and internet). The call to TechSupp was my first outbound call - the Tech guy was surprised (think he said something about it should have gone to the Welcome blah blah - I couldn't understand).

Since I could not send any texts out, he suggested I try the following (mind you, I only have ONE phone - thus couldn't call him on another line and he wanted me to take notes):

turn off, for two minutes (or remove battery too)
##3282#
edit mode
412415 lock code (was this only pertaining to my unit?)
data profile
menu
restore
yes default
menu
setting
sys updates
update profile

Maybe this might of help for those who have problems later?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This happens if the hands free activation doesn't go smoothly. I had this same problem over the weekend, the real problem was that they put the ESN for my phone on the wrong number on my account and screwed it all up.

The steps Kellisanth posted was to reset the hands free activation and do it all over again. In my particular situation I had to reprogram the MSID, but for this error I don't think you need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith