Visit site
OK. This is supposed to amplify in call volume, but I haven't tested it myself:

Settings-->Call-->Hearing aids

Check the box, then place a call. It should help those looking for

increased volume.

Jim_Phone

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The Evo 4G earpiece is way too low for my taste, especially compared to my old Samsung Rant feature phone and the speaker is not that loud either. Oftentimes I can barely hear the other party talking to me on a voice call even in a quiet room. And when streaming internet music or radio off the phone it is really quiet even at max volume. The phone ringing sound is plenty loud but most everything else could definitely be louder.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP. I don't like the max speaker volume at all. If I'm driving without my bluetooth on and the say, air conditioner on anywhere near max, i wont be able to hear the person on the other line. Same goes for the Media volume. I need to shut the Radio, AC and windows in order to use the navi on the phone if I ever use it.

phillyun

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not going deaf

I think I stumbled across a bug - came here to find an answer / confirmation. I experienced a similar thing to what others are reporting. For whatever reason, I have NEVER encountered this until today.
After realizing others are experiencing low volume, I went back to the question "What changed" ... the answer for me was nothing.

Not sure which one did it, or if its a combo ... or random Neutreno corruption:
After listening to a Voicemail message (and then attempting to call customer care), then doing a PRL update: The volume seems to have lowered itself!
This is so low that in order to hear media that isn't via headphones, I have to hold the phone next to my ear at 100% volume to hear it!

I went back to the VM and toggled between speaker and regular mode during playback and its fixed / louder now!

HTH

--phillyun