Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Default Speaker volume... am I going deaf?

I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but is the speaker on the EVO a tad lower than the Palm Pre's? Sure, it sounds much clearer and accurate, but I am having a hard time hearing calls, notification, etc. Perhaps I need some higher-pitched sounds?!

I think it's pretty loud! But then again I'm coming from a Iphone 3G. That speaker sucked royally! I do miss the speakerphone in my blackberry....that sucker was loud as heck!
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    I don't know if it's just me (probably is) but is the speaker on the EVO a tad lower than the Palm Pre's? Sure, it sounds much clearer and accurate, but I am having a hard time hearing calls, notification, etc. Perhaps I need some higher-pitched sounds?!
    I've actually heard a few people complain the volume was too low. So you are not alone.

yeah, it is kind of low especially for music
    "Lyrically Im unf-ckwitable, unforgettable One tough miracle, competitions none I leave 'em dumb struck critical -Jay Electronica

Follow me on Twitter @TheRealBigMark
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Hmmm... I was hoping it would be unique to mine to warrant a replacement. I guess I'll have to keep more focused on what the phone is doing. So, it's a no for sound boost apps?

I find it a little low yes. I could barely hear the phone when it rang on my way home from RS and I didn't even have the car radio on.

I agree, it could be louder.

I think the volume level is good, not great but good. I noticed my brother's Droid is louder though.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Speaker for the ringer, media, and speakerphone = fine
    Earpiece = not so good.

Keep in mind that there's a feature on the EVO, where if you pick it up while it's ringing, the ringer will automatically fade. You can disable this in the sounds and display settings menu.

I also recommend an app like AudioManager - that gives you quick access to controlling each of the different volume options.

I thought the sound was good. Definitely better than my Pre! Might just be me though

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

The volume on the earpiece is WAY better than my Pre. I usually used the bluetooth with my Pre because it wasn't as loud as I would have liked. But then I'm old, so maybe it's my ears ...

yup wayyy lower than id have liked

definetly way to low, any way to improve this????

Hmm, it's just as loud as my Hero in all aspects. Earpiece, speaker, notifications, headset, etc.

It's loud to me. Coming from an Iphone

at first mine was unusually low... like so low i thought something was wrong. I restarted the phone and the volume got 100X louder... like extremely loud. no problem hearing anything now... (I listened to a podcast last night in bed with the volume at 75% and my loud a$$ AC going in the backround)

The speaker sound is pretty loud for me. Its a phone not a home theater!

The volume on the rear speaker is a little low for my liking too, especially for notifications.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jam4775 View Post
    The volume on the rear speaker is a little low for my liking too, especially for notifications.
    You can set ringer and notification volume settings individually. From the Home screen, go Menu>Settings>Sound & Display>Ringer Volume. You can also set the default media (videos, music) volume on the Sound & Display menu.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Default Speaker volume is def..

way too low, i'm coming from a blackberry and that is my only gripe. If the speaker is facing down you can hardly here your notifications.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is there any way to make it louder?

Appears most functions OK for me but the speakerphone is unusable unless you are in an anechoic chamber. Crappy compared to the Instinct.

OK. This is supposed to amplify in call volume, but I haven't tested it myself:

Settings-->Call-->Hearing aids

Check the box, then place a call. It should help those looking for

increased volume.

The Evo 4G earpiece is way too low for my taste, especially compared to my old Samsung Rant feature phone and the speaker is not that loud either. Oftentimes I can barely hear the other party talking to me on a voice call even in a quiet room. And when streaming internet music or radio off the phone it is really quiet even at max volume. The phone ringing sound is plenty loud but most everything else could definitely be louder.

I agree with the OP. I don't like the max speaker volume at all. If I'm driving without my bluetooth on and the say, air conditioner on anywhere near max, i wont be able to hear the person on the other line. Same goes for the Media volume. I need to shut the Radio, AC and windows in order to use the navi on the phone if I ever use it.
    DJ Georgie Maxxx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast