Anyone else get their Evo charged to their account due to Sprint's computer outage?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if any other Sprint stores were doing this. Because of Sprint's computer problems, they did all the paperwork by hand and charged it to my account. I was in and out of the store in about 20 minutes without paying a dime out of pocket for my Evo. I thought that was a great effort on their part, sounds like other stores didn't want to deal with the hassle and were just turning people away.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
20 minutes!!!!!!! I was at Best Buy for almost 2 hours! Thay had problems getting the phone activated and had to call Sprint. But I didnt mind because the lady let me play with the phone while I was waiting :)

luv2byte

May 20, 2010
Visit site
RS @ 6am, out the door by 6:15am, by the time I reached the door gmail sync'd calendar & contacts. No issues :)

Oh yeah, and sprint was slow they said & hadn't figured out why yet but I was still done in 15min. I've had sprint put my new phone on the account but paid cash this time since it was RS & saved the $100 :)

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
you can do this anyways for a phone if you have a sprint account :) i did it today but it took 2 hours for me

kindaskimpy

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I got mine at a Sprint store. In at 8:00AM, out at 8:20AM. Their systems were indeed running slow but my phone was activated immediately and I walked out of the sans a Pre and plus an EVO

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint store asked how I wanted to pay for it. Charge to account or pay now. I said charge to account. So my EVO and accessories were billed to the account.

In and out with a functioning EVO in about 20 minutes. They even transferred all my contacts while I was there.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I was kind of lucky. The guy at Sam's was a really cool evo guy and started downloading apps for me. It took like an hour plus because everything was crawling though.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I was in and out in <30 minutes from my Sprint store, got an update from Wells Fargo via email later that they pulled the money from my account, then noticed this weekend that the money is back in my account (!?)

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I charged mine to my account because then when the bill is actually due to pay for it (mid July) I should have my rebate back and then not have to pay the extra $100 out of pocket only to wait for a check to get it back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey