Home screens - I get it now!

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm a bit slow but I get it now, those 7 home screens are all full of widgets and/or shortcuts to apps that you can completely customize!

I thought the calendar and friendstream thing were permanent, but turns out they're just big widgets!

The more I use this phone the more I like it!

Last edited:

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to change the order of the home screens?

And is it possible to get rid of 2 of them for example, to use 5 instead of 7?

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to delete the stock HTC scenes that comes preloaded?

Or is there a way to save over the stock HTC scenes? This was driving me crazy yesterday since I dont want two work or play scenes (stock and my creation) and it wouldnt even let me save as "work" telling me I had to rename it because of the stock "work" scene that was preloaded.

Any input would be helpful

dre3k2

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep.. customization is key with the android OS. Something that was lacking when I had webOS.. unless you added a bunch of hacks and patches of course.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just load up HTC scenes, and change some of the layouts/widgets, then save it as custom or something.

I know I can do this, but its kind of frustrating that I cant save the custom scene as "work" since there is a generic preloaded scene with the same name, and the Evo wont let me save over the generic ones. I guess I will have to have work1 etc.

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm a bit slow but I get it now, those 7 home screens are all full of widgets and/or shortcuts to apps that you can completely customize!

I thought the calendar and friendstream thing were permanent, but turns out they're just big widgets!

This was one of my biggest issues with the phone. This morning I figured out the same thing. Now that I have customized the "home" screens, the EVO is MUCH nicer to use.

Last edited:

alvarezjpr

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for bringing this up. Now i'm digging it!

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of dumb that they don't let you remove or change the default scenes. I could see making an HTC scene permanent but not letting you modify the Work one or others without saving them as new is a pain. At least it groups your own scenes at the top.

I really like the ability to do this at all so I'll live with this minor shortcoming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692