Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Instant Scroll To Top Of Page Like iPhone?

Is there a way to instantly scroll to the top of the page like the Safari browser in iPhone where you simply tap the top of the browser?

Thanx

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I think this can be done with Dolphin HD- if I'm not mistaken. It's a great browser either way.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I would also like to know this. Can you do that in long lists that's not in the browser as well? Ex: the long list in setting, applications, manage applications?

install dolphin HD browser (its awesome)

then choose menu>more>settings>gesture settings
    Sprint|HTC|EVO 4G|Supersonic!

Is the browser that ships with it not Chrome? Or is Chrome not mobile yet?

in a similar line of thought...

On my htc evo 4G, or even the Samsung Transform, or other android based phones and devices I would imagine...

I am seeking how to REPROGRAM (or Program, or find someone else's app or hack - and I have searched some...)
    the Scrolling action of a Finger Drag, Swipe, *Double Swipe*, Swipe and Hold, Finger Flick, and such...

My *Problem* (among many others not addressed on this type of forum):
    the slow finger swipe that scrolls down/up sometimes SPEED Scrolls - super-Fast Down (or Up)!!! (and I lose my place, waste time, etc...)

I would like (among other things, to have the evo behave with):

- a Fast Finger Swipe to Paginate down/up ONE Page so I can continue my reading/viewing (like the spacebar does on most PC Browsers)...

- a Slow Finger Swipe to Scroll Slowly (the way it does currently)...

- a *Double Swipe* to "Speed Scroll" ... the way a medium or fast swipe sometimes (frustratingly) does currently (or always did since I got the htc Evo 4G, or Samsung Transform for that matter)...

- other finger movements may be considered, as well, such as
    Swipe and Hold for Scrolling until you LIFT Finger... Speed of Scrolling determined by Speed of Swipe or Sweep...

I started this thread to investigate/research/collaborate on a viable solution...
    Please feel free to contribute, as I think I am not the only one who would like and can benefit from this feature/hack/app...

Thank you for your valuable input, experiences, contribution (ahead of time)...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post726011

Default Re: Instant Scroll To Top Of Page Like iPhone?

I know this is an old thread, but as I had the same problem and did not find an answer online, I figured that once I did find an answer I should share it where others might find it.

The answer is to use a javascript eye bookmark.

The simplest way it create a new bookmark, and then edit it.
    Change the name to something easy to spot on the bookmark page and then edit the URL to read

javascript:scroll(0,0)

Select that bookmark for a quick trip to the top.