Pre to Evo ... " I don't wanna die "

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have jumped the Pre tug boat to the Evo Luxury Liner and was hooked up and out the door 15mins after Sprint opened their doors yesterday ... WhenI got home from having a nice sidewalk cafe breakfast with my EVO I noticed my Pre was still getting Email/voicemail/sms notifications ... The same that my EVO was getting ... And it still is ... Is anyone else experiencing this ... Lucky for me that it was cuz I forgot to download the "send contact to email patch" but I was able to find it on Preware, load it on the phone, restart Luna, and send the list to my email account all with my Pre thats not activated ... It really doesnt want to die and I don't have the heart to put it to sleep.

Last edited:

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Shoot that Pig!

No, my Pre started to give me "Can't establish data connection" errors 30min after getting my EVO. Maybe your lucky - until you see your bill :)

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I put two PREs down yesterday BEFORE activating the EVO replacements. Have no idea when they officially lost service. I doctored them and then also did a full/secured wipe. They're ready for someone else to enjoy now. ;)

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Shoot that Pig!

No, my Pre started to give me "Can't establish data connection" errors 30min after getting my EVO. Maybe your lucky - until you see your bill :)

Yeah ... When they swtched the phones I started to get that same message on my pre a couple of times ... Im not using the pre but its still plugged in and on getting notifications ... I tried calling out on it but it failed ... I know that my EVO is getting my service and has my number and all my accounts and working great ... Its just weird ... I guess I'm the rare one.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
When the pre phone radios are turned off, the WiFi still works.

I broke my pre 2 days before the Evo launched and is said "Phone Offline" but when i would go near any known wifi hotspots, i'd get email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol