Phone rebooting when using Maps....

hammersfd#WN

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
My EVO is rebooting every time I use Googel Maps. The app will load and within 10 seconds the screen goes black and the phone restarts. Anybody having a similar problem. Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time!!!!!!!!

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Did you go on the Android Market yet?

When I first went on with my Evo, there was a google maps update, which I downloaded and installed. No problems with the Google maps and navi!

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Had this happen when switching scenes to much in a period of time this morning, it rebooted itself 2x in a row before it went back to normal, also lost my most recent additions to my scene was working on -

hammersfd#WN

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I did the update from the market, still have the same problem. If i turn GPS off the problem stops. With GPS on, all the apps that use it, cause the reboot. Maps, Navigation, Sprint nav, etc....

mashline

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Had this happen when switching scenes to much in a period of time this morning, it rebooted itself 2x in a row before it went back to normal, also lost my most recent additions to my scene was working on -

This is what happened to me as well. was looking at different scenes and it power cycled 2 times and then was fine.

neon8

May 10, 2010
Visit site

Same thing happened to me. Was showing someone the different scenes i created. After 4th change i got Continuous reboot untill remove battery and then boot. Big crash.

Prince_Basil

May 1, 2010
princebasil.net
This happens to me all the time. For no reason at all too. My phone had reboot 8 time in a row. It scared me. Is there a problem with our Evos? And is there a fix for it? Or a known issue causing it?

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if this is going to become a problem like with the Incredible I had. I suffered random reboots with that phone and now sometimes with the EVO. Not with specific apps either, it just randomly reboots when it's locked in my pocket.

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, since I have had the EVO since Google I/O I think I can shed some light on this issue. I had the same thing happen all of a sudden and tried to track it down for days. It would just randomly restart if I was using it or not. I believe I figured it out since it has been ok for 4-5 days now. It seemed to start after I joined Latitude from with Google Maps. Because I signed out of Latitude and have not had the problem since.

Prince_Basil

May 1, 2010
princebasil.net
Hey guys, since I have had the EVO since Google I/O I think I can shed some light on this issue. I had the same thing happen all of a sudden and tried to track it down for days. It would just randomly restart if I was using it or not. I believe I figured it out since it has been ok for 4-5 days now. It seemed to start after I joined Latitude from with Google Maps. Because I signed out of Latitude and have not had the problem since.

I haven't even logged into latitude. does it do it on its own when you sign in to google?

PanzyDog

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, no it doesnt. Not sure then but I also re-enabled "always on mobile data" had turned it off hoping to save battery so maybe that is what caused it?

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
After I have a random reboot I start having major issues. All kinds of programs and processes begin to lock up and force close. Super annoying. Didn't have this issue on my Google io evo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000