For those of us who did not pre-order..Soundoff about your Sprint Store experience

chrisho

May 14, 2010
www.chrishophotos.com
i pre-ordered mines from bestbuy however i wasn't going to pick it up until i got back from my vacation from vegas. So i decided to stop by a sprint store with my gf and her sister and what do you know, we all got one and our representative was really friendly/helpful throughout the whole process. Apologizing a lot for the system overload, etc. I'm totally satisfied with the service that was provided but i still can't get my phone ported yet :(

GGotti

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I arrived at my local sprint store at 7:30am. They opened at 8am. I was about 14th in line. They were letting in 7 people at a time. As i got in the sales associate to her area and everything went smoothly. I received an instant rebate because of my discount somehow so i ended up just paying 199. I also got the case from the sprint store(Which i must say is pretty good) and a screen protector.

They even installed advanced task killer app for me. I just love everything about this phone.

AggieAggie216

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well of course I was one of many who thought it would be a morning of waiting in a long line and unexpected surprises at my local sprint store yesterday morning. But to my very pleasant surprise I was wrong. I was six of about eleven people waiting when the Legacy Village store in the burbs of Cleveland Ohio opened its doors yesterday. My whole experience while buying my Evo was great which is why I only do sprint business at this particular store. The first six people were ushered over to the bright eyed six sales reps, just as excited to sale us an Evo as we were to buy them while the assitandt manager took names of the others waiting to be serviced.
The guy that I got was very knowledgeable about the phone and even showed me a couple of things I did not know about; mind you I had done all my homework on this great device. He showed me some accessories and a couple of different cases for my Evo after he had asked how I was going to protect my Evo, he even put of my screen protector for me without me even having to ask. He showed me some great tips on how to save my battery and even told me about some really cool apps that are in the android market. He transferred my contacts for me and was able to answer my all questions and had my on my way in great time I thanked him for such great service and told them I would see them next year when the next best thing comes out ….LOL

And before anyone says I got lucky with my rep which I did. I overheard the young lady next him and the young lady next to her all answering questions with the right answers and giving great guest service to the people buying phones from them…It was great a great overall experience….and great store. Who can best low prices, GREAT devices and good service….If you’re not with Sprint …YOU SHOULD BE…lol

p.s. Im sure not a fan boy ( I have had my share of trying experiences with sprint), just your average very satisfied sprint customer…

NorthBayX415

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i was second in line, got there at 6 but got out of the car at 6.15. process was fast and got 20% off on accessories. holster and screen protector.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Extremely smooth. Got to my Sprint store around 7:15am. There were about 10 people in line. Waited in my car for about 5-10 mins watching the line. After about 5 more people got in line, I got out and went in to the Panera Bread next door. Got a chocolate croissant and a water, (should've gotten a milk) and stood in line. Sprint store reps started coming outside at around 7:45 with fact sheets about the Evo and a sheet of paper to fill out the names of everyone in line so nobody got skipped once we were in the store. They opened the doors promptly at 8am and had a table with dunkin' donuts refreshments, (I regretted paying $5 for a croissant and a water at this point). They immediately started setting up the first 6 people off the queue and the rest of us either walked around the store checking out the display Evo's and picking up accessories, or took a seat and read the fact sheets. My name was called around 8:25. The rep was helpful and efficient, getting me set up and out of the door in 15 minutes.

Pre-Order what? No need. Walk-In; An overall great experience.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I too had a great experience at my Sprint store. I got there around 7:55 to see a very long line. I would venture a guess that I around 50th in line. My store had 14 associates doing activations. I was called at 8:45 and was out of the store by 9:00. I felt better about my experience taking a little over an hour from beginning to end then I would have had I got there 2 hours earlier like the first 30 people did!

frank828#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
went well, i was first in line. everyone was really nice. got a free diet pepsi. only problem was that the computer systems all took a dump. took over an hour to get out of there.

bigvic13

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I got to my store at around 1245 (my lunch hour), walked in asked for an Evo and walked out around 145 because activation took a little while (computers were slowwww). All in all another great experience with Sprint.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Have a couple of friends that work at a sprint store. I basically "reserved" my phone so to speak 2 weeks beforehand. Picked it up yesterday morning.

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
My Sprint store was sold out by the time I got off work Friday (which was to be expected). I called today around 1pm, and they said they had a few left. I head over there, and picked one up. The whole experience was quick and painless :)

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Well of course I was one of many who thought it would be a morning of waiting in a long line and unexpected surprises at my local sprint store yesterday morning. But to my very pleasant surprise I was wrong. I was six of about eleven people waiting when the Legacy Village store in the burbs of Cleveland Ohio opened its doors yesterday. My whole experience while buying my Evo was great which is why I only do sprint business at this particular store. The first six people were ushered over to the bright eyed six sales reps, just as excited to sale us an Evo as we were to buy them while the assitandt manager took names of the others waiting to be serviced.
The guy that I got was very knowledgeable about the phone and even showed me a couple of things I did not know about; mind you I had done all my homework on this great device. He showed me some accessories and a couple of different cases for my Evo after he had asked how I was going to protect my Evo, he even put of my screen protector for me without me even having to ask. He showed me some great tips on how to save my battery and even told me about some really cool apps that are in the android market. He transferred my contacts for me and was able to answer my all questions and had my on my way in great time I thanked him for such great service and told them I would see them next year when the next best thing comes out ?.LOL

And before anyone says I got lucky with my rep which I did. I overheard the young lady next him and the young lady next to her all answering questions with the right answers and giving great guest service to the people buying phones from them?It was great a great overall experience?.and great store. Who can best low prices, GREAT devices and good service?.If you?re not with Sprint ?YOU SHOULD BE?lol

p.s. Im sure not a fan boy ( I have had my share of trying experiences with sprint), just your average very satisfied sprint customer?

I too was at the Legacy Village store and I was among the first six that got served. I was lightweight pissed because I got there around 5-ish and sat outside till the store opened. I too was lead to believe that there was going to be a hoard of folks lined up. My sales rep did my initial activation a little over two weeks ago. My purchase was basically a swap since I was in my 30 days. The rep I dealt with did manage to jam with me a slew of accessories of I didn't need...two of which I brought back later in the day. Overall the line wasn't bad, the service was prompt and smooth.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the pre-orders at The Shack and Best Buy made buying from the Sprint store much smoother.

Think if the EVO was exclusive to Sprint stores like the Pre was. Those of us that experienced lines with 15 - 25 people when the store opened would have been morel like 50 - 60.

kbass24emtp

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I did the whole pre sale thing with Best Buy and was on the second wave supposed to get it on the 10th or 11th. Got tired of waiting and called my Sprint store yesterday and they had some. Had to wait no more than 30 minutes in line. Once it was my turn, the sales rep put my Evo together and set up was like 5 minutes if that.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Got to Sprint around 5:15am and was 3rd in line. They opened the doors around 7am and by then around 50 people or so in line. They took about 15 customers in the store at once and each had a sales rep. Purchased EVO and accessories, programmed and contacts moved from old phone and out the door in about 20 minutes with a working EVO.

Sweet and fast with no problems whatsoever.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I got to my Sprint store around 6am.. 3rd in line..

Got a rep that didn't know how to exchange phones (I bought the 9650s to use until this phone came out) .. then couldn't activate our phones .. about 40 minutes later he tells us we won't be able to use them until 2 or 3pm (its 8:40 at the time) .. I call BS and try using mine as soon as I get home and it worked perfectly.

So basically what killed my experience was Sprint reps being so idiotic.. understandable.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Went to Sprint, North Olmsted, OH about 6pm just to inquire and look at evo. Rep was going call me on Sat. to see if new shipment was in. In the meantime, he went in back and found one that some lady bailed on and he let me get it. I am transferring from Pre and aside from two small annoyances it is well worth the switch so far.

Apophus

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
glad everyone had great experiences, myself not included. was 4th on the Evo sign up list signed up weeks ago, when i got the my local sprint store, they said they only got 5 phones in and that they were sold out. mind you i have never had sprint service before so i was a new sign up. he offered no explanation why i did not have a phone waiting for me, offered me a free car charger to still sign up and get it drop shipped to my house. so needless to say i am without Evo for a while, such is life it is only a phone!

pacha248

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Second person in line and I got to the sprint store 15 minutes before they opened, took about 20 minutes and I was out of there with my Evo