so no emoticons in texting?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
They have it but they are more like Droidicons ... When your in text mode ... Hit the MENU button ... Then hit the MORE ... You will see INSERT SMILEY :D

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank.GOD.

I've had a Pre for a year and will be getting an Evo in august. I HATE the emoticons it throws in automatically. I've tried everything to get rid of them, but cannot find any preware patches or anything :(

I love the simple : plus ) ( D P etc, and all I want is for them to look that way... (though i know it also depends on the person's phone I send it to)

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
aaah ok. but so when people send us codes like : ) it doesnt translate it automatically huh?
ok i see

If I undersstand you correctly they do translate ... but into Droidicons ... My friend sent me a smiley face in the typical EMOTICON fashion but it showed in my text as a DROIDICON ... I hope I answered your question .

betsysimma

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Smiley Faces

It seems on the Evo when you send a smiley face, it shows as a droid image on your Evo phone but the receiver phone, it shows as a typed face. I don't know if it needs to be an HTC phone to HTC phone, but the last few people who don't have HTC phones, told me my smiley face sent as a text message on my Evo was up a typed face not a droid image. Have you found the same? Thanks!

Bang321

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont think Android recognizes emoticons that are just ": )" .... it has to be ":)" for it to actually display an emoticon. And even then, its a stupid droid con. The Palm pre recognized all the different ways of typing emoticons. I still like the EVO better though. I just miss my Palm Pre and the yellow smileys I used to get. sadness. now i'm feeling emo.

kcellon

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
A friend of my has the iPhone and has the greatest smiley face emoticons, does this exist on the droid? Not looking for the little green monsters.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It seems on the Evo when you send a smiley face, it shows as a droid image on your Evo phone but the receiver phone, it shows as a typed face. I don't know if it needs to be an HTC phone to HTC phone, but the last few people who don't have HTC phones, told me my smiley face sent as a text message on my Evo was up a typed face not a droid image. Have you found the same? Thanks!

That's because that is how it works. All you're actually sending is the :) not the actual emoticon. It's the software of each individual phone's responsibility to translate that into an emoticon. This is how it works in all text messages, all IMs, etc.

prieta1369

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
they show up sometimes but not all the time, is sad cuz this cell is really expensive and the cheaper phones have the emoticons and this one doesn't. only sometimes they show or doing the menu, more insert smiley operation. something is wrong with the program itself.

krocadile1

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
they show up sometimes but not all the time, is sad cuz this cell is really expensive and the cheaper phones have the emoticons and this one doesn't. only sometimes they show or doing the menu, more insert smiley operation. something is wrong with the program itself.

Honestly emoticons aren't everything, but there's usually an app for everything you just gotta sit down and explore the market. it's very big :confused:

fed up

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
handcent doesnt work when sending to other ppls phones unless they have the app, i text 2 ppl regular that dont have smartphones or android.....and i want to be able to use normal yellow smileys that will display as smileys on their phones, yes i know mine wont send to them, i want their phone to translate what has been sent. i just detest with a vengence these horrible ugly green robots that i cant tell one from the other, theyre just green blobs. ive tried going on samsung website but i cant register because i dont have a ZIP code grrrrrrrr how dare i not live in america lol as you can tell im complete new to all this, so any help must be written for dummies :)) thanx WHYYYYYYYYYY ???? i just tried to add a smiley which shows as a yellow face and low and behold you open it and its full of horrible ugly vile green robots grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

omgitsclo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
help me sir please ):

see all of a sudden i had this option to pick and choose from a set of japanese emoticons such as (^_^) or ⊙_⊙. i have no clue what triggered them to be there, but was really happy to have them (they were not from an app)

but my s3 had a stupid forced update, and they were all gone....and i have no idea how to turn them back on.

PLEASE HELP T_____T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2