Pre Defectors How long did it take you to stop doing swipe gestures?????????

jmyadagod

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am still sometimes trying to back swipe or throw away stuff BUT i love my Evo and android a lot i dont know if i will be going back to WebOS even if new hardware comes out through HP...........

Last edited:

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't got my Evo yet, but I try it on every other phone I pick up and try. Not enough can be said about the elegance of WebOS, it was certainly plagued by other issues. Will probable take some Relearning to get a hang of the back button.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
try SlideIT or ShapeWriter in the market both similar to swype you may or may not like either of those

I don't think he means "SWYPE" ... I believe he means " SWIPE " as in WebOS gestures to toss away cards and delete things.

tifftam84

May 24, 2010
Visit site
i let my mom(who has a palm pre but gettin an evo in september) play with my evo yesterday and she was trying to swipe EVERYTHING lol

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Haha, yeah, I'm still trying to break my webOS habits. I've already caught myself doing these things a few times:

* doing a back swipe at the bottom edge of the screen (trying to go back on the previous screen)
* doing a upwards swipe from the bottom of the screen (trying to minimize the app)
* doing a back swipe on text messages and email (trying to delete them)
* and trying to unlock the screen by dragging the bar upwards.

I'm sure I'll break out of these habits in a few days. :)

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
uMM there's a swype thread and the file posted for the Incredible works on the EvO

OKAY ... I am getting kind of annoyed ... many of these posters are NOT reading through the threads ... They read the Original Post then comment ... Once again the OP did not mean " SWYPE " he meant " SWIPE " which is a gesture for the WebOS to delete things ... NOT a texting tool ... :p

PLEASE ORIGINAL POSTER ... Edit the word "SWYPE" in your post to read "SWIPE" your confussing the hell out of non WebOS people .. lol

Just a Thought.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
uMM there's a swype thread and the file posted for the Incredible works on the EvO

As solo1 mentioned, the OP was actually talking about the webOS's gesture area, which is used to swipe your fingers across to do various actions, like going back to a previous screen, minimizing and closing apps, and bring up or closing the Launcher.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done any of the gestures because I'm already thinking, "WTF can't I swipe up to minimize and then toss off the card for the program I'm done using instead of having to launch Advanced Task Manager every 15 minutes to mop up the 10 programs that seem to have launched themselves."

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is going to be hard lol but the one thing i mess the most is not the swipe but being able to hit enter after I write out a text to send the test. I keep hitting enter and the screen just sites there and im like... why did you not send.. oh ya its not webos.

I also keep on trying to delete my email by swiping.

charles77k

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I miss swiping away notifications.. I still think WebOS is the better operating system but for now I am enjoying Android until WebOS matures a little bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463