Notification Bar Problems

mmrulez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Qubix .... same result

i just found your post and i also have the same issue. HERS works fine, mine looks the same as yours. Did yours ever work. i remeber when i pulled it out of the package it did work for about 5 - 10 min, after that i just thought it was user error. until i saw your post and ran the same "nicky paint" test that you did.

if you find any thing out let me know i will keep an eye out.
also a friend of mine works at the local sprint store here, ill talk to her about it and send her the screen shot of your phone and ask if she knows anything.

mmrulez

mmrulez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
i just found your post and i also have the same issue. HERS works fine, mine looks the same as yours. Did yours ever work. i remeber when i pulled it out of the package it did work for about 5 - 10 min, after that i just thought it was user error. until i saw your post and ran the same "nicky paint" test that you did.

if you find any thing out let me know i will keep an eye out.
also a friend of mine works at the local sprint store here, ill talk to her about it and send her the screen shot of your phone and ask if she knows anything.

mmrulez

mmrulez

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Qubix try this

we have the same problem, someone suggested to open the internet turn into LANDSCAPE mode and doing a "PULL DOWN" that works.

not a fix but at least we might get into that menu in another program without having to hit home then notification.

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues as well. if I am not holding the phone in my hand, the top of the screen will not register anything at all. soon as I am holding the phone in the palm of my hand it works perfectly.

Can someone try this? set the phone down on a flat surface and try pressing the notification bar. Or use a full screen drawing app.

Same thing happens to me. I found this out while trying to swype some text messages on my desk at lunchtime while eating with my other hand. Notifcation bar didn't pull down. Held it in my hand...bar pulls down perfectly.

I tried the paint program test, and it seems to be registering touches up there whether or not I'm holding the phone.

I'm not panicking....yet. Do you think this is worth an exchange or not?

anon(26928)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack called me today to let me know my phone arrived. Went down did the exchange and now the new one works exactly like my wife's and friends.

evo2.jpg

Last edited:

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem but have come to notice it is only when the phone is laying flat. It seems not to sense my finger until i pick it up in my hand. Even using Swype gets freaky when the phone lay flat.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem but have come to notice it is only when the phone is laying flat. It seems not to sense my finger until i pick it up in my hand. Even using Swype gets freaky when the phone lay flat.

Mine is doing the same thing. Using nicky paint, it draws to the top if I am holding it. If it's laying flat, the screen doesn't draw at the top nor on the right side.

For those who've tested it and found it working, did you test it in your hand or laying flat?

kdrexler

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and it just started today. I have a HTC Hero on Sprint.
Originally my alarm went off at 7am and i hit snooze. I got up 10 mins later and noticed my icon for a headset being hooked up to my phone kept on going on and off. The phone was pretty unresponsive at the time and made it impossible to check my email. I shut it off and removed the battery and tried all of the quick tricks to the fix the problem. The headset icon kept on going on and off in the notification bar.

When I got to work I reflashed the phone with the latest software from HTC's website. This fixed the problem. But, now my notification bar will not come down when i drag my finger down on the phone. It will work in landscape view (phone on it's side), but not in portrait view. It will also work when I click the menu button and then click notifications. I have tried everything to get it to work again, but no luck.

For the time being, I found a app called HelloStatusBar that I put on my home screen and it brings it down for me.

I am just going to wait a couple of months for the HTC EVO 3D.

I feel all of your pain on this one. It sux, but I do love the product.

ryandye

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? My Evo is doing the exact same thing - can't pull the notification bar down in portrait mode. Also looks the same as above using nicky paint. I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue for sure and if i should replace the digitizer.

brammble

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
i have exactly the same problem with mine to, only had it 1 month at first i had problems with the ring it wouldnt move or just shuddered a little when i tries to unlock the screen after deleted a few apps it was better and worked fine after a reset, then i got the problem with the notification bar :( even when i go on the net that part of the screen is like dead, onlt way i can get the bar to come down is if i go into settings and turn phone on its side then pull it down!! looks like im going to have to swop it for another! still a great phone though

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issues but you may want to go to the One X section for help as this section is for the EVO 4G

usamakhan

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey can anyone help me please my notifications bar is not working when I swipe it down nothing happens and my android phone background is black can't change it and my multi tasking is not working no matter how much I press it it doesn't shows anything on my galaxy A3
My Brother did something with rootExploral now I can access Notification bar and the multitasking button plz help me