Has anyone been getting Facebook Notifications on their Evo?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The first thing I did is make sure Notifications on the pre loaded version of Facebook was enabled, I even told it to use the LED and I selected a notification sound. I set the update interval to 30 minutes. I don't know if its because my computer is running and is on Facebook, but so far nothing has shown up on the phone, the ones on the Computer show up fine, but nothing on the Evo. I then checked the version number of the installed App and it was 112. I went to the Android Market and looked for Facebook and downloaded version 1.2. During the installation it did tell me that the current Facebook App will be replaced.

Anyone have any luck with getting notifications?

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Why do you need it twice?

Facebook notifications go to your email. I like to get them there. The Pre FB app had notifications and It came in on my email so i saw everything twice.

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Why do you need it twice?

Facebook notifications go to your email. I like to get them there. The Pre FB app had notifications and It came in on my email so i saw everything twice.

When I had the pre I had email notifications turned off. It was nice to see only the actual fbook app notifications instead.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, I don't want to get emails about it all the time. I wonder why it's not working, probably something on Facebooks end. I hated having to go through every single notification on that slow ass Pre though, what a chore that was.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Check to see that you have a more frequent sync schedule if you're not getting FB notifications. I've been getting FB and Twitter notifications on the Evo.